Whether you're 14 or 40, a new college grad or a grandparent, you'll love the comfort and sophisticated style of the adult and teen bean bag chairs at hayneedle.com. That's right: we just used the words "sophisticated" and "bean bag" in the same sentence. In form, filling, and fabric, these chairs and loungers take bean bags to a whole new level of luxury.
A Big Difference in Size
Size is the most basic criterion for our teen and adult selection. Most of these bags have a diameter in the range of 35 to 47 inches (versus the 28- to 34-inch tween-sized diameters). There's also a fine selection of tall chairs with stronger back support, including living room-ready designs measuring up to 48 inches tall. If sprawling is your preferred posture, you'll find large pucks and loungers that provide body-conforming comfort for one or two people.
Our main types for adults and teens include:
- Loungers: bulbous, one-person seats offering low-to-the-ground luxury
- Chairs: shapely seats with defined backs, including "armchairs" with sloping or rolled arms
- Teardrops: a cross between the first two types, these are ground-hugging seats with high tapering backs, perfect for studying or for movie marathons
- Pucks: big or small, these styles feature a rounder base with a more defined shape
- Pillow loungers: flat on the floor or set up straight, these versatile, oversized pillows are ready for napping or sitting
Fashionable, High-Profile Fabrics
High-comfort, low-visibility rooms such as bedrooms or rec rooms are often considered the bean bag's natural habitat. But contemporary fabrics have created a new look for loungers, one that's relaxed yet ready for company. Consider these materials for your high-profile family room or living room seating:
- Faux suede offers the softness of real suede but without the maintenance hassles, and is available in grays, reds, blues, and elegant earth tones
- Microfiber is durable and easy to clean, including stylish wide-wale corduroy
- Leather and faux leather bean bags bring sumptuous comfort and rich texture to modern interiors
- The polyester prints of Euro-style Fatboy bags feature crisp colors and stunning prints in floral and architectural motifs
Which Filling Feels Best?
Polystyrene beads and shredded polyurethane foam both have their fans, but adults often prefer foam. The foam used in our bags is shredded furniture-quality filling that provides body-adapting comfort and long-term resistance to compression and settling. A bead-filled chair is lighter, easy to carry, and can be refilled with virgin bean bag beads (see our accessories section).