Extra 15% off!Belham Living Casey White Bedroom Vanity$319.99
Shop Vanities by StyleTraditional VanitiesTraditional VanitiesContemporary / Modern VanitiesBermuda Bedroom Vanity Table - White(3 review)Sale Price:$328.76Monarch Bedroom Vanity Set - Antique White(1 reviews)Sale Price:$153.94Powell Marquis Cherry Bedroom Vanity Set(3 review)Price:$839.00International Caravan Chapel Vanity Bench(23 review)Sale Price:$82.16What Satisfied Customers Are Saying
lLooks niceSandra - 11/20/2015
From Nampa, IDIt looks nice for the price.I put a piece of glass over the top to protect the "faux". It was pretty easy to put together and took about an hour. I ... View Product
Vanity chairWendy - 11/19/2015
From SierraVista, AZThe chair is perfect for my desk and very comfortable View Product
AwesomeLisa - 11/15/2015
From Wendell, NCI was very impressed with this product. I took a chance since there were no reviews to go by. I am very happy with this product, easy to put ... View Product
Absolutely Perfect!!!Ramona - 10/27/2015
From BONITA, CAEven better than we could have imagined. Had our bathroom remodeled with new cabinetry, floors, etc. When our cabinet maker saw this, he asked who ... View Product
Very nice ottoman!Deborah - 10/4/2015
From Dumfries, VAI bought this for my master bath and it works just fine. It's sturdy and attractive, and it was very easy to assemble. The color is very nice and ... View Product
BEAUTIFUL VANITY SETCarolyn - 9/29/2015
From GreenValley, AZTHIS 3 PIECE VANITY SET IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. THE SIZE, COLOR View ProductShow More Great Reviews
The Tempting Virtues of Bedroom VanitiesThe bedroom vanities at Hayneedle.com present a rich mix of design influences and decorative purposes. Dressing table, writing desk, lowboy--a vanity by any other name may perform a similar task, but the design elements that set these styles apart are well worth investigating if you're a shopper with an eye for detail.
The origins of vanity: blame it on the boys
The vanity as we know it today can be traced back to the William and Mary period of British design, which lasted from about 1690 to 1725. Bedroom drawers known as highboys or tallboys were placed atop dressing tables known as lowboys, which commonly had three small drawers above a single longer drawer. A typical vanity today is a simplified lowboy: a single row of drawers beneath a mirror-equipped tabletop.
Points to ponder
Our selection includes both traditional and modern features for kids and adults. Here are some of the major style points to look for:
- Stool or chair? A practical question, but a good one to start with if you're buying a vanity set.
- White, black, and cherry are the most popular wood finishes. Metal's a non-traditional choice, but presents a very modern silhouette, particularly with open fixed shelves in lieu of drawers.
- Contemporary designs tend to avoid flourishes such as scalloped drawers, turned legs, or curved aprons. Dark finishes and clean lines distinguish our modern options.
- For kids’ models, you can't go wrong with classic: pink and/or white color schemes, and sets with princess and butterfly themes.
- Triptych or tri-fold mirrors, a traditional design reminiscent of ancient and medieval artworks
- Oval cheval-style mirrors, which offer dual-pin adjustability for any makeup task
- Flip-top designs, excellent for dual-use areas or presenting a cleaner look when not in use
A bedroom vanity table is an elegant, multi-functional alternative to standard vanities. Consider these distinctive styles:
- Writing desks with clean contemporary lines and warm wood finishes such as cherry and walnut
- Wood vanity tables topped with a small hutch, a charming style reminiscent of the 18th-century French bonheur-du-jour desk
- Some of the earliest vanities featured cabriole legs (outward curving top, inward curving bottom); our tables include vintage lowboy designs with similar leg shapes, as well as saber legs and fluted tapering legs topped by intricate rosette carvings.