Little Cottage 8 x 10 Firehouse Wood PlayhouseItem#: HN-LIT064
$1,899.98 to $3,129.98
- Talk to our Little Cottage product specialists! Call 866-579-5183.
- Lift-gate delivery service included!
- Safe, durable LP Smart Side construction
- House dimensions: approximately 10W x 8D x 8H feet
- Parts are pre-cut and panelized for easy assembly
- Includes working window, firebell, and signs
Playhouse, Window, Wall/ truss framing, Siding, Trim, Assembly hardware, Firebell, 2 fire signs
What's Not Included
Shingles, Dripedge, Paint
Featured on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition! The Little Cottage 8x10 Wood Firehouse Playhouse offers the ultimate in creative play for your child. Constructed for years of enjoyment, this playhouse comes to you in a kit, which includes all the important things required for easy assembly. Your child will love watching the house come to life and helping pick out the paint colors. You'll love the fact that this spacious playhouse is filled with charming details, like realistic fire signs, a fire bell, and a working window. It's durably built, too, from LP Smart Side, a hugely popular wood in the building industry for a variety of reasons. LP Smart Side is environmentally sound, with low pollution production, and is highly renewable. It's also treated with care using a SmartGuard finish, which uses zinc borates to resist rot and mold while minimizing chemical use and pollutant output. Because LP Smart Side is so strong and safe, the playhouse pieces are covered by a 50-year limited warranty from LP.
Please note that this playhouse is available in a variety of configurations ... order simply the house structure itself, or the structure along with extra features like a deck with railing or a chimney. If you purchase an option that does not include a floor kit, then you must supply the interior flooring for the house. Also note that the configurations that include a deck require you to supply three 4 x 4-foot pressure-treated posts beneath the floor for extra support.
This playhouse includes:
- 2x3 wood wall framing
- 2x4 wood trusses
- Siding and trim pre-fastened to wall panels
- Panelized, pre-cut wall sections for easy assembly
- 1 working window with Plexiglass, grid, and screen
- Window shutters
- Brass firebell
- FIREHOUSE USA and Engine #1 signs
- Firehouse engine doors (20W x 40H each; double door opening measures 40W x 40H inches)
- Adult-sized Dutch door on back (34W x 61H inches)
- White aluminum outside corner trim
- Pre-primed, ready-to-paint trim and siding
- Assembly hardware
Also included with your playhouse is a link to a downloadable, full-color instruction manual. You supply shingles and Dripedge edging for the roof, along with the paint of your choice.
About The Little Cottage Company
Nestled in the heart of Ohio's Amish country, The Little Cottage Company resides in a quaint, slow-paced setting where old-fashioned craftsmanship and attention to detail have never gone out of style. Our experienced carpenters and skilled designers take great pride in creating top-quality, pre-built models and Do-It-Yourself kits of playhouses, storage sheds, and more.
Dimensions & Specifications
Playhouse Size Code
Choose From 10 Options
Our DIY playhouse kits are designed for easy assembly. Unless otherwise noted, they should require an average of two adults working four to eight hours to complete. Panelized walls, pre-cut pieces, and alphabetized labels help make the process simple, as does the downloadable full-color instruction manual (link provided with your purchase).
When assembling your playhouse, please make sure to choose a level area for installation. We recommend an area that is covered in crushed stone, patio block, or concrete, in order to form a base for the playhouse. However, because the playhouse bases are made from treated lumber, they can be placed directly on the ground. If you do decide to prepare a base for your playhouse, make sure it measures 1 foot wider than the house itself on all sides.
If you are interested in moving your playhouse to another location in the future, you should purchase and install 4 x 4 runners before completing assembly. Once runners are in place, the playhouse can be moved by your local tow truck company with the use of a flatbed and a winch. If you are simply moving the playhouse across the yard, you can do so with heavy wall PVC piping. Call Little Cottage Co. at 330-893-4212 for more information and assistance.
$116.23 to $125.51
- Solid beechwood frame and lid with MDF wood front
- Choose from several popular finish options
- Meets all CPSC product tests for safety
- Safety hinge and finger slots for added safety
- Convenient seating area when closed
- Dimensions: 33.25W x 17.75D x 24.5H inches
$127.70 to $129.98
- Crafted from durable natural beechwood
- Strong protective coating
- Recessed cubby shelves
- Includes 2 chairs
- Table measures 33.25L x 21.75W x 24H inches
- Chairs measure 14.5D x 13.75W x 25.5H inches
- Recommended for ages 3-8 years