Little Cottage 8 x 10 Gingerbread Wood PlayhouseItem#: HN-LIT054
$2,149.98 to $3,379.98
- Talk to our Little Cottage product specialists! Call 866-579-5183.
- Lift-gate delivery service included!
- Safe, durable LP Smart Side construction
- House dimensions: approximately 10W x 8D x 8H feet
- Parts are pre-cut and panelized for easy assembly
- Includes 2 windows, 2 flowerboxes, hardware, and trim
Playhouse, 2 windows, 2 flowerboxes, Wall/ truss framing, Siding, Trim, Assembly hardware
What's Not Included
Shingles, Dripedge, Paint
The Little Cottage 8x10 Wood Gingerbread Playhouse has a charming, classic look you'll love in your backyard. The little ones are sure to enjoy having a space of their own, and you'll appreciate the fact that this quality playhouse is built to last. It arrives ready to assemble, complete with pre-cut pieces and required hardware. Once it's completed, you and your child can pick whatever paint colors you choose ... and then sit back and let the creative play begin.
For years of durable performance, this playhouse is constructed from LP Smart Side, which is known for its durability, resistance to weather, and its low environmental impact. The pieces are then treated with SmartGuard finishing, which uses zinc borates to resist rot and mold while minimizing chemical use and pollutant output. Because LP Smart Side is so strong and safe, the playhouse pieces are covered by a 50-year limited warranty from LP.
The Gingerbread Playhouse is available in a variety of configurations (the photo shown above shows all available components). Please note that if you choose the version that includes the deck, you must supply three 4 x 4-foot posts for under-floor support. Also note that if you choose a version that does not include a floor kit, you must install an interior floor in the playhouse separately.
This playhouse kit comes complete with the following:
- 2x3 wood wall framing
- 2-foot curved wood trusses
- Siding and gingerbread trim pre-fastened to wall panels
- Panelized, pre-cut wall panels
- 2 working Plexiglass windows with screens and aluminum frames (14 x 21 inches each)
- 2 flowerboxes with gingerbread trim
- Outside corner gingerbread trim
- Pre-primed, ready-to-paint trim and siding
- Assembly hardware
- Child's Dutch door for front of house (20W x 40H inches)
- Adult's Dutch door for side of house (34W x 61H inches
You supply the paint (in whatever colors you choose), plus the Dripedge (roof edging) and shingles. The playhouse comes complete with a link to a full-color downloadable assembly manual.
About The Little Cottage Company
Nestled in the heart of Ohio's Amish country, The Little Cottage Company resides in a quaint, slow-paced setting where old-fashioned craftsmanship and attention to detail have never gone out of style. Our experienced carpenters and skilled designers take great pride in creating top-quality, pre-built models and Do-It-Yourself kits of playhouses, storage sheds, and more.
Dimensions & Specifications
Playhouse Size Code
Choose From 10 Options
Our DIY playhouse kits are designed for easy assembly. Unless otherwise noted, they should require an average of two adults working four to eight hours to complete. Panelized walls, pre-cut pieces, and alphabetized labels help make the process simple, as does the downloadable full-color instruction manual (link provided with your purchase).
When assembling your playhouse, please make sure to choose a level area for installation. We recommend an area that is covered in crushed stone, patio block, or concrete, in order to form a base for the playhouse. However, because the playhouse bases are made from treated lumber, they can be placed directly on the ground. If you do decide to prepare a base for your playhouse, make sure it measures 1 foot wider than the house itself on all sides.
If you are interested in moving your playhouse to another location in the future, you should purchase and install 4 x 4 runners before completing assembly. Once runners are in place, the playhouse can be moved by your local tow truck company with the use of a flatbed and a winch. If you are simply moving the playhouse across the yard, you can do so with heavy wall PVC piping. Call Little Cottage Co. at 330-893-4212 for more information and assistance.
- Top reviews for this best-seller!
- Functional doors and turning knobs for realistic play
- Play clock, notepad, and phone with caller ID on side panel
- Clear plastic windows on microwave and oven
- Sturdy MDF wood construction with cute pastel colors
- Includes hot pad, spatula, and spoon
- Dimensions: 42W x 16D x 42H inches
- Recommended age 3-7 years
- Square white table with four pastel colored chairs
- Perfect for arts and crafts and board games
- All chairs have a Nantucket-style plank seat back
- Made of durable wood, finished with non-toxic colors
- Our customers give this set excellent reviews!
- Ages 3 years to 7 years