Woodstock Asli Arts 13 Inch Mini Light Blue Capiz Wind ChimeItem#: HN-WS235
- Crafted from 30 round and 5 square 1-inch, light blue capiz shells
- X-shaped wood top
- Strung together with strong, invisible nylon cord
- Delicate, tinkling musical sound reminiscent of rippling water
- Hand-crafted by Bali craftsmen
- Uniquely stylish look
- Overall length: 13 inches
The Asli Arts 13 Inch Mini Light Blue Capiz Wind Chime may be small, but it packs a big punch and adds wonderful music to your garden or patio. Hand-crafted by Bali craftsmen from 30 round and five square light blue capiz shells, this chime features a distinctive x-shaped wood top. Strung together with strong, invisible nylon cord, the thin, flat translucent shells in luminous light blue tone add a relaxed feel to your surroundings. And, when touched by the wind, these chimes produce a delicate, tinkling musical sound that evokes tranquility and is reminiscent of rippling water. Measures 13 inches in overall length.
Named after Capiz, a province of Panay Island in the Philippines, the capiz shell, which is the outer shell of a marine mollusk, is found and farmed in the coastal waters off the Philippines and Indonesia. These shells are carefully sorted, dried, sliced, shaped, sanded, and dyed to be used in various home accents, including lamp shades, vases, and wind chimes.
Hanging your Chimes for the Best Musical Performance
Asli Arts by Woodstock chimes are known the world over for the purity and beauty of their sound. These chimes are designed to produce beautiful music from even the slightest breeze, but if you'd like to hear yours more often, here are a few ideas:
- Hang your chime directly from the O ring or loop at the top of the chime. Don't extend the top string of the chime by adding chain or string. This may cause the entire chime to swing, when in fact only the center string and clapper should move.
- Hang your chime where the wind can reach it from as many directions as possible. An open corner is ideal when hanging the chime from a building.
- Experiment with hanging your chime at different heights. Wind velocity tends to increase with higher elevation.
- Avoid hanging your chime within two feet of a wall or too close to plants, furniture and anything that might obstruct or divert the breeze. If you have a screened-in porch, you may find that even the screens will impede the breeze enough to prevent your chime from ringing.
- Try hanging your chime in different locations during different times of the year. The prevailing winds change seasonally.
About Asli Arts by Woodstock
Inspired by the talents of the people of Southeast Asia, Asli Arts by Woodstock is a premier name in production of high-quality, organic-inspired items for the home and garden. Known for everything from wind chimes to door curtains, Asli Arts is committed to offering beautiful pieces that are made from sustainable and recyclable materials like bamboo, coconut, shells, and marble. Their product line includes items made by craftsmen in Vietnam and Bali and is based around the concept of providing meaningful work to hundreds of skilled craftspeople in countries where earning a living can be a daily challenge.
Dimensions & Specifications
Asli Arts, Woodstock
Caring for your Bamboo Windchime
All Asli Arts bamboo windchimes are made using natural and sustainable products such as bamboo and coconut shell. Each is hand-carved and hand-tuned by artisans in Bali or Vietnam. With proper care, your Asli Arts bamboo chime will typically last from 3-4 years when hung outside.
To extend the life of your chime:
- Hang your chime in an area protected from direct sunlight or heavy winds. Excellent locations include under a porch overhang or in a shady tree.
- Bring your chimes in during extreme weather or windstorms.
- If you live in the north, bring your chimes in during the harsh winter months and store it in an unheated area, such as a shed or garage.
- Occasionally wipe off your chimes with a damp cloth to remove any build-up or mold.
- Every spring, provide added weather protection by applying a coat of varnish on your chime. (You'll want to wipe off the chime before doing this!).
We have taken a number of precautions to ensure our Asli Arts bamboo chimes are the highest quality bamboo chime in the marketplace. Our manufacturers produce only for us, allowing us to ensure a high standard of quality control. In addition, our manufacturers harvest their bamboo only during the best time of year and properly dry the bamboo before making the chimes, both of which reduce the risk of cracks in the bamboo. Finally, all Asli Arts chimes are inspected before they leave our U.S. warehouse.
Bamboo is sensitive to humidity and sudden temperature changes. Despite all our precautions, infrequently, cracks in bamboo occur as the bamboo expands and contracts in reaction to climate changes. Hairline cracks are not of concern; they are normal to bamboo and will not affect the sound of your chimes. What's more, hairline cracks generally do not develop into larger cracks.
- FREE Hanging Hook included with each wind chime!
- 8 silver anodized aluminum tubes
- Cherry wood hanger, striker, and wind catcher
- Relaxing tones based on medieval scale
- Tuned to C, D, Eb, F, G, A, Bb, C
- Precision computerized tuning method
- 27-inch overall length - from hook to sail
- 1-year defect warranty
- Lifetime tuning guarantee
$107.98 to $109.98
- Best-seller and customer top-rated chime
- 6 chip-resistant anodized aluminum tubes
- Tube diameter - 1 1/4 inch
- Durable, heavy duty nylon cording
- Powder-coat finish in several color options
- High-density striker for deep tone and resonance
- Hand tuned to the scale of C
- Measures 44 inches from hook to sail
- Made in the U.S.A.
- 5-year limited warranty
- Durable metal construction
- Elegant oak leaf design
- Perfectly matches with bird feeder or tea lantern
- Accommodates hanging basket filled with colorful flowers
- Available in your choice of finish
- Measures 16 in. long