Authentic Models Gee Bee #11 Speedster Model AirplaneItem#: HN-AMD072
- Short, fat fuselage garnered the nickname "Flying Silo"
- Painted nylon stretched over wooden frame
- 1/12 scale
- Special purposes racing aircraft
- From the World War II era (1930)
- Manufactured by Granville Brothers Aircraft
- Dimensions: 17.75L x 23.5W x 8.25H inches
With an endearing, cartoonish shape, the Authentic Models Gee Bee #11 Speedster Airplane was famous for its performance in legendary races. This red and white nylon over wooden frame replica of the daring plane captures the unique shape that resembles a farm storage building and spawned the nickname "Flying Silo." Racing aces like Roscoe Turner and Jimmy Wedell chose the Gee Bee as their vessel of choice. This speedy plane competed for trophies in the Schneider, Thompson, and Bendix races of the 1930s. The Gee Bee name comes from manufacturer Granville Brothers. Ships fully assembled.
About Authentic Models
Authentic Models strives to create and distribute a comprehensive collection of historic and fine art reproductions worldwide. Haring Piebenga founded the company in 1968, and today AM is a European wholesale manufacturer with warehouses and corporate offices in Oregon and Amsterdam. AM pursues original items at auction and uses these models for their design ideas. Each hand-made item appeals to the human need for nostalgia, intrigue, and beauty by evoking a story from the past. High-quality construction using only the finest materials ensures that these charming pieces will become treasured heirlooms in their own right.
Dimensions & Specifications
17.75L x 23.5W x 8.25H inches
Granville Brothers Aircraft
- Antique airplane propeller replica
- Pinewood with hand-rubbed finish
- Tin-hammered blades
- WWI era
- Dimensions: 73.2L x 5.9W x 3.5H inches