B-24D Ploesti Raid signed by Walter StewartItem#: HN-TAMC003
- World War II allied heavy bomber
- Propeller-driven aircraft, four engine
- Painted wood construction
- Scale: 1/62
- Operators: U.S. Army Air Force, U.S. Navy, British Royal Air Force, Royal Canadian Air Force
- Time in operation: 1941-1945
- World War II era
- Manufacturers: Consolidated (primary), Douglas, North American
- Length: 12.8 inches
- Wingspan: 21.3 inches
Holding the record for the most-produced combat aircraft in American history, the B-24 Liberator was a widely used World War II strategic bomber. Compared to its counterpart bomber, the B-17, the B-24 Liberator had greater top speed and range, with a slightly larger bomb load. It did have some flaws in handling characteristics and survivability, but it was widely used thanks to its strategic capabilities.
This particular model is signed by Walter Stewart, a B-24 pilot with 236 hours of combat flight, and its personal touch makes it a must-have for any collector.
About Toys and Models Corporation
Since 1982, Toys and Models has created exquisitely detailed, historically accurate replicas of aircraft. New technology and materials combined with painstaking detail ensure that when you purchase a model from Toys and Models, you'll admire it for years to come. Toys and Models is located in Mahwah, New Jersey.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Pieces
Toys and Models