B-25B Mitchell Doolittle RaidersItem#: HN-TAMC147
- World War II Allied Medium Bomber
- Propeller-driven aircraft, two engine
- Handcrafted, hand-painted mahogany construction
- Scale: 1/48th
- Operators: U.S. Army Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, Allied Air Forces
- Time in operation: 1941-1979 (Indonesia)
- World War II era
- Manufacturers: North American
- Length: 13.5 inches
- Wingspan: 16.5 inches
The B-25 Mitchell is the only U.S. military aircraft to be named for a specific person, in this case General Billy Mitchell, a pioneer of military aviation. The B-25 was a prolific World War II medium bomber, with nearly 10,000 units built, suitable for both strategic bombing and tactical support. A versatile and reliable airframe, the B-25 was used in a variety of different roles, including both level bombing and strafing attacks, with several variants produced, and multiple operating nations.
This particular bomber is a B-25B, the exact variant used in the famous Doolittle Raid to bomb Japan as vengeance for Pearl Harbor. The model is handcrafted to match the Doolittle Raider aircraft in the most exacting manner, making it an item that will be treasured by any collector or enthusiast.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Pieces
Toys and Models