Burley Clay Hand Painted Winter Cardinal Ceramic Bird BathItem#: HN-BNP111
- Quality ceramic stoneware construction
- 3.5 inch bathing depth
- Hand-painted winter cardinal design
- Traditional pedestal bird bath
- Dimensions: 16.75L x 16.75W x 22.75H inches
- Made in the USA
1 bird bath
Roll out the red carpet for your cardinal friends with a Burley Clay Hand Painted Winter Cardinal Bird Bath. This regal bird bath features a hand-painted cardinal design in a traditional pedestal-style setting. Made of quality ceramic stoneware, the bird bath has a 3.5-inch bathing depth accommodating a variety of birds.
Special Note: The ideal bathing depth is 1.5 to 2 inches. You can simply fill the bath with 1.5 to 2 inches of water, or you can take the decorative approach and use polished stones or similar items to raise the water level while keeping the bird safe.
About Burley Clay
Located in Roseville, Ohio, Burley Clay Products has manufactured garden pottery and bird baths since 1933. Proudly designed by craftsmen in a range of styles, from traditional to modern and sophisticated, Burley's planters are produced using reliable methods spanning from high-tech hydraulics to age-old handmade molding. The key to their quality lies in the fact that at Burley Clay, the artisans understand their materials as well as the needs of their customers; the result is high-quality, long-lasting planters that stand the tests of time and weather. Burley Clay planters are proudly made in America and sold across the United States and Canada.
A Note About Burley Clay's Unique Process
Burley Clay uses several different production methods to produce their stoneware. From high-tech hydraulic and ram presses to the craftsmanship required in jiggering and casting, their production methods differ significantly but share certain features - an emphasis on quality, efficiency, craftsmanship, and attention to detail. Certain production methods require thicker, more solid clay, while others demand a thinner, more liquid consistency. The processes carefully clean and mix the clay blend at a perfect consistency specific to each production method.
One of the methods Burley Clay employs today is a rarely found "lost art" form known as jiggering. It's an old-fashioned, hand-made process used to create several of their larger items, such as birdbaths, pedestals, and planters. In this process, the jiggerman places a plaster mold inside a spinning steel drum, then adds an estimated amount of clay inside of the mold determined by the size of the piece to be manufactured.
As the clay begins to dry, the plaster mold draws the water away from the clay, releasing the clay from the mold. The ware is then removed from the mold and the rough edges are trimmed. This acquired skill requires years of apprenticeship and is usually passed down to family members who have worked in area potteries for generations.
Dimensions & Specifications
16.75L x 16.75W x 22.75H in.
- Waterfall rock with the look of natural stacked stones
- Moving water is sure to attract the birds
- Resin material never deteriorates in any weather
- Features a hidden water pump for a natural look
- To be used in baths with at least 1.5-inches of water
- Includes a 120 GPH pump
- Dimensions: 7.5L x 6.25W x 5H inches
- Features a low-flow mist nozzle
- Attaches to small branch or garden stake
- Exclusive custom valve
- Sprays a fine mist over foliage
- Perfect for attracting hummingbirds
- Green protective cover for bird baths
- Fits baths up to 21 inches in diameter
- Elastic cover attaches to bird bath
- 100% weather-resistant polyester
- Protects against rain, frost, ice and snow