CH-53E Presidential SupportItem#: HN-TAMC229
- U.S. heavy-lift transport helicopter
- Handcrafted, hand-painted mahogany construction
- Scale: 1/48th
- Operators: U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
- Time in operation: 1981-present
- Post-World War II era
- Manufacturers: Sikorsky Aircraft
- Length: 18.25 inches
- Wingspan: 19.5 inches
The CH-53E, developed from the CH-53 Stallion, is the largest and heaviest helicopter in the U.S. military. It is built to serve the long range minesweeping and heavy-lift needs of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. The CH-53E has been used in a variety of situations, beginning first during the Beirut barracks explosion in 1983, and a wide range of search-and-rescue missions throughout the 1990's and into the 21st century.
This powerful helicopter is rendered here in the colors of the Presidential support unit, as operated by the U.S. Marine Corps. Exacting details, quality construction, and a superb finish make this item a must-have for any collector.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Pieces
Toys and Models