Jaques Colonial Croquet MalletItem#: HN-JA034
- Square head of African hardwood
- Brass rings for added weight on distance shots
- Octagonal hickory handle with Diamond Carbotec grip
- Square mallet head: 9L x 2.25W x 2.25H inches
- Handle length: 37.5 inches; Weight: 2 lbs. 10 oz.
One Croquet Mallet
Made from African hardwood, the Colonial Croquet Mallet has a square head fitted with brass rings at either end to add weight and protect the mallet against damage caused by mishits. A heavier mallet is thought to make long shots easier, since the weight of the mallet helps the pendulum motion of the mallet, and lets you hit harder and straighter with less effort.
Many professional croquet players prefer the narrower width of the square head as it makes play hoop shots easier. There may also be some advantage sometimes in being able to stand a square headed mallet upright and stepping back from it to check alignment.
A British made Hickory handle with cane splicing enhances driving power, strength, feel, and flexibility. This mallet's handle is octagonal and fitted with Diamond Carbotec wind-on grip.
Dimensions & Specifications
Square Brass Ringed
Mallet Handle Dimensions
37 1/2 inches
Mallet Head Dimensions
9L x 2 1/4W inches
2 lbs. 10 oz.
- Protect your investment wisely
- Perfect for both storage and travel
- Durable green canvas bag
- Fits any standard mallet
- Dimensions: 39L x 10.5W inches
- Great value hoops for recreational use
- Wrought iron with white paint finish
- Slightly larger-than-regulation opening: 4.25 inches
- Ideal for beginners, casual players, and backyard games
- .375-inch thickness
- Lighter weight balls for beginners or kids
- Regulation-size, but only 12 oz. weight
- Highly durable solid plastic construction
- Each ball is double scored with milling pattern
- Black, yellow, red, and blue included