F-100D Super SabreItem#: HN-TAMC211
- U.S. fighter bomber
- Jet Engine aircraft, single engine
- Handcrafted, hand-painted mahogany construction
- Scale: 1/48th
- Operators: U.S. Air Force, Royal Danish Air Force, French Air Force, Turkish Air Force, Republic of China Air Force (Taiwan)
- Time in operation: 1954-1982 (Turkey)
- Post-World War II era
- Manufacturers: North American
- Length: 12.5 inches
- Wingspan: 10 inches
Although originally intended to serve as a follow-up to the F-86 Sabre, the supersonic F-100 Super Sabre found itself serving as a fighter-bomber instead of a purely air-superiority fighter. Despite some design and performance difficulties, the F-100 was placed into service in 1954, but was grounded within months. A follow-up F-100D variant proved more successful, and was accepted into U.S. military service, seeing combat in both the Korean and Vietnam conflicts. Exported to several NATO air forces, the Super Sabre saw additional combat throughout the world, particularly over Algeria and Cyprus.
Depicted here is a finely detailed F-100D Super Sabre, the definitive variant of the series. A high-quality finish and hand-crafted construction will make this model an excellent addition to any collection.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Pieces
Toys and Models