Garrett MT 5500 Walk Through Metal DetectorItem#: HN-GMD044
- Indicates the side a metal target is located
- Uniform detection field eliminates "hot spots"
- Advanced microprocessor-driven technology
- Enhanced sensitivity for more accurate weapons detection
- Durable and professional design for years of use
- Touchpads and backlit LCD screen offer clearer and easier use
- User-friendly programming for precise control of detection settings
- Computerized access codes ensure tamper-proof settings
Walk-Through Metal Detector
The MT 5500 is one of the world's most popular walk-though metal detectors because it provides maximum throughput with unparalleled multi-dimensional scanning. The MT 5500 meets the demanding needs of security professionals worldwide who trust its ability to maintain a high flow rate with minimal alarms.
The Access Control Panel is designed for use by authorized personnel with specific security codes. It allows authorized users to change settings such as Program and Sensitivity. Security of the detector's settings is maintained with a non-resettable sequence code, which indicates every attempt at access to the settings. A tamper alarm sounds within 10 seconds after the Access touchpad is pressed unless a proper access code is entered.
The MT 5500 includes 20 standard programs, which are maintained in an electrically erasable non-volatile memory, for the ultimate in security application versatility. The unit maintains all settings even when disconnected from power and does not require recalibration when unit is turned OFF and back ON. No battery is required for memory retention. When the unit is in operation, a self-test of all systems is performed continuously with any failures or problems reported on the LCD display.
Dimensions & Specifications
Heavy Duty Aluminum, Mar-Resistant Laminate
24 Months (Parts and Labor)
35W x 23D x 80H inches
30W x 23D x 80H inches