Good Ideas Exclusive Compost Wizard with Coco FiberItem#: HN-GID071
- Better than the Compost Wizard Jr. – this exclusive makes compost tea!
- Includes a 4-pack of Natural Coco Fiber Compost Additive!
- Made from 100% recycled plastic in black
- 7 cubic feet = 52 gallons
- Spigot dispenses nutritious tea from bottom tray
- 31L x 25W x 23H inches
Compost tumbler, Base, 4-pack compost additive
They're ALL good ideas from the Good Ideas company, but the Good Ideas Exclusive Compost Wizard with Coco Fiber has to be one of their best ideas yet. Constructed of sturdy, 100% recycled plastic, this tea tumbler easily turns your scraps and waste into rich organic material for your garden. Its black color helps retain heat for faster composting, and its twist-off lid makes it easy to retrieve the good stuff. In addition, the moisture can drip through and out the attached spigot on the bottom tray, dispensing nutritious compost tea for your plants. A double benefit for your efforts in green living! The composter holds up to 7 cubic feet of compost/waste. You can only get this cool composter here at Hayneedle!
Boost your composting efforts with this 4-pack of eco-friendly compost additives. The Good Ideas Natural Coco Fiber Compost Additive is a 100% organic boost for your soil and an excellent way to increase the water absorption of potting soil. Coco fiber (also known as pitch or coir) is an all-natural byproduct of coconut plantations. It's a renewable supplemental carbon resource that assists in the decomposition of kitchen and yard waste during the composting process, and it offers several advantages over peat moss:
- Made of 100% natural coconut fiber
- Improves soil aeration and reduces odors
- Absorbs moisture evenly, like a natural sponge, without surface beading
- Has a neutral pH balance and more nutrients
- Free from seeds and pathogens
- Enhances decomposition of kitchen and yard scraps
- Sustainable alternative to peat moss
- Remains effective for up to 5 years
Coco fiber's main benefit is that it increases water absorption, which keeps compost moist. Other benefits include:
- Increases carbon exchange capacity in your yard
- Carbon exchange helps plants develop strong stems
- Carbon exchange helps plants recover from bug damage
- Resists compacting and helps loosen compact ground
- Excellent for potting, raised bed planting, and landscaping
- 100% organic
Whether you use Coco Fiber for composting, potting, raised bed planting, or landscaping, you'll see a noticeable difference quickly. In fact, the addition of a brick or two to your compost pile will help create a nutrient-rich soil in a matter of weeks. Each additive brick weighs 1.43 pounds and can be used for approximately 0.33-cubic-foot of soil or compost material. Once expanded, the volume of a single brick of compost additive measures about 2-2.5 gallons.
|About Good Ideas, Inc. |
Based in Lake City, Penn., Good Ideas, Inc. was founded in 2001 and has been promoting green living ever since. Many of their innovative products have been featured in magazines, newspapers, TV shows, and news stories.
Good Ideas' products focus on sustainability, and are developed from practical, common-sense ideas generated from consumer needs. Good Ideas' great products include the Rain Wizard, Big Blue Rain Saver, Compost Wizard, and many more.
Please note this product does not ship to Pennsylvania.
Dimensions & Specifications
31L x 25W x 23H in.
- Medium-sized odor-free bin for storing food scraps
- Durable 100% recycled plastic resin
- Activated charcoal filter in lid neutralizes odor
- Tight-fitting lid and easy-to-carry handle
- Holds up to 2.5 gallons (1 cubic foot)
- 1-year warranty
- Dimensions: 8.5L x 6.5W x 14H inches
- 1-gallon capacity stainless steel pail
- Holds several days worth of kitchen scraps
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Included 1 charcoal filter that last up to 6 months
- Measures 7 diam. x 11H inches
- Easy-to-carry plastic bucket in decorative metal bucket
- 1 gallon capacity and a vibrant Apple Green color
- Perfectly sized to keep right on the kitchen counter
- When bucket is full, take it to a larger outdoor composter
- Inner bucket is made of durable polypropylene
- Outer bucket is sheet metal with metal handles
- Clear rubber seal on lid limits odors and flies
- Inside bucket is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning