Leica Televid APO 82mm Angled Spotting Scope BodyItem#: HN-LCI110
A spotting scope is related to an astronomical telescope, but designed for daytime viewing of objects here on earth. It brings faraway objects so close, you'll think you can reach out and touch them. This allows you to closely observe all sorts of targets without disturbing them or putting yourself in danger (think wasp nests or mother bears with their cubs). The waterproof Leica Televid APO 82mm Angled Spotting Scope Body features fluoride glass lenses for heightened contrast and color fidelity.
- Sold as Body Only - Eyepiece Sold Separately
- 82mm APO Fluoride Glass
- Angled Body design
- Waterproof and Fogproof
- Pull-Out Sunshade
Spotting Scope Body
What's Not Included
Eyepiece Sold Separately
Now you can experience the fascination of the world of birds and animals for yourself - very close up!
With the APO Televid series, Leica is setting new performance standards in the compact spotting scope market. The 82 model with its 3 in.(82mm) front lens and the even more compact 65 model with its 21/2 in. (65mm) lens diameter both offer impressive brilliance and colour fidelity. These innovative new models, with their complex apochromatic lenses, use new fluoride glass (FL) for improved image quality.
Leica Televid APO 82mm
The APO-Televid 82 delivers superb optical performance for brilliant insights into nature that are rich in detail and contrast - from dawn until dusk.
The combination of the apochromatic optics with their new FL glass and the 82 mm front lens diameter increase the light yield, compared to the previous models, by more than 6%!
The eye piece is fast bayonet mounted and has a magnification of 25x to 50x. It has a very wide angle viewing area, which gives the user a unusually wide field view. The object you are viewing is not only magnified, but also the surrounding area and thus its context can also be observed exactly.
You can now also take a "scoped" photo of your favourite subject easily using an adapter designed specifically for the LEICA D-LUX4 digital camera
The key benefits of the APO-Televid 82:
- innovative four part, new flouride glass, lenses for ideal colour fidelity and contrast
- optically neutral front lens glass protects the APO optics
- precise focusing is easy with the dual focus system including microfocusing
- very short focal length of 12.8ft (only 3,9m)
- water and dust repellent AquaDuraTM-coating
- highly robust, rubber armoured, magnesium housing
- waterproof to a depth of 17ft (5m)
- new variable wide-angle zoom eyepiece 25-50 x WW ASPH (not included)
Dimensions & Specifications
Objective Lens Diameter
Spotting Scope Size
Spotting Scopes Series
Leica Televid APO Spotting Scopes
47.7 oz (with eyepiece connected)
- For use with Leica Televid APO Spotting Scopes
- 25-50x Zoom magnification
- Waterproof and Fogproof
- Wide-Angle for large field of view
- 60 Degree Field of View across entire zoom range
- Available in angled and straight 65mm and 82mm models
- Made of durable cordura nylon
- Extra openings for front lens, eyepiece, focus ring, and tripod
- Wide, comfortable shoulder strap
- Quick-release mounting plate
- Weight rating of 8.5 lbs. for heavy cameras
- Maximum height: 60 inches
- Click-lock technology
- Great for spotting scopes and binoculars