Mountain Boy Sledworks Mountain Boggan 4 ft. TobogganItem#: HN-MTN018
$179.99 to $224.99
Turn snow days into fun days with the Mountain Boggan 4-foot toboggan. This sled is handcrafted of basswood, stainless steel screws, and leather grommets. It is roomy enough to hold up to three people and large enough to accommodate an adult. Made in Colorado, this sled was created to withstand harsh weather and fast speeds. It comes with an extra-long rope and makes an ideal gift. Make it extra special by having the name of your child engraved directly on the sled.
- Slither through snow with sturdy handmade sled
- Steam-bent basswood planks and lead-free finish
- Robust marine-grade coating withstands rough weather
- Accommodates up to 3 kids at a time
- Suitable for kids 3 years and up
- Can carry weight up to 300 lbs.
- Measures 48L x 17.5W x 16H in.
Fly down the mountain in style with the Mountain Boggan 4-Foot Toboggan. This toboggan is handmade with fine materials such as knot-free, flexible basswood, with hand-carved willow crosspieces. The Mountain Boggan's front curl is big enough to fit an adult's feet. The construction is durable because of stainless steel screws and genuine leather grommets. The marine-grade finish is lead-free and it holds up well against inclement weather. An extra-long rope is included. You also have to option to hand-engrave your child's name right onto the sled. Lettering is 2 inches tall and runs lengthwise up the center of the sled. For children 3 years and up. Weight capacity: 300 pounds. Dimensions: 48L x 17.5W x 16H inches.
About Mountain Boy Sledworks
Mountain Boy Sleds are designed in Silverton, Colorado and tested all over the US. They are made to last with beautiful wood, hand-carved willow, and stainless-steel hardware. Performance is excellent, with many steerable sled models, cozy pull sleds, and big new toboggans.
- The company focuses on safety and on minimizing its environmental impact.
- All of their sleds are tested by an independent agency to ensure that they meet all child safety standards, and that there is no lead in the sled's finishes.
- They use only recycled cardboard packaging.
- They choose fast-growing, common, sustainable hardwoods such as birch, willow and maple.
- Mountain Boy makes sleds that are highly durable, so they won't need frequent replacement.
An important aspect to consider when shopping for the right sled, lug factor refers to the amount of effort required to lug the sled back to the top of the hill for the next ride.
These sleds have a negligible weight and are easily pulled behind the rider on the journey to the top.
Sleds with moderate lug factor are middleweight sleds that require some light effort to pull or carry up the hill.
Heavy lug factor means the sled will require some effort to be pulled up the hill. Parents or supervisors of younger sledders should be prepared to assist with lugging these sleds after a few rides.
Control level refers to a sled's steering and braking capabilities. Some sleds have none, one, or both. Though virtually all sleds can be controlled by shifting the body's weight from side to side, steering and breaking mechanisms offer greater control and safety.
Low-control sleds offer a fun, freewheeling ride with little or no steering mechanism. These sleds are intended for use in open areas free from obstacles like trees and fences.
Medium-control sleds offer steering and/or braking mechanisms that give the rider some control over directional movement and speed. These sleds are great for backyards and city parks.
Sleds with high control levels feature sophisticated steering and/or braking mechanisms for precise direction and speed control. These sleds are ideal for high-traffic terrain or hills with obstacles.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Riders
3 Years and Up
48L x 17.5W x 16H inches
With Personalization, Without Personalization
Personalization, Without Hand Engraving, With Hand Engraving
$39.99 to $49.99
- Comfortable pad for toboggan
- Pads measure 36" and 55" in length
- Pads fit toboggans 48 or 72-inches in length
- Reversible: Red and Hunter Green