Mountain Boy Sledworks Mountain Boggan 6 ft. TobogganItem#: HN-MTN019
$199.99 to $209.99
For good old-fashioned, classic fun in the snow, you cannot go wrong with this six-foot toboggan-style sled. This toboggan allows four children up to age 14 to ride together across slippery terrain for icy fun that they will not soon forget. Made by hand using basswood planks that have been steam bent, this toboggan has a lead-free marine-grade finish that will stand up to bad weather without fail. This sled can also be personalized with your choice of ten characters.
- Features a lead-free marine-grade finish
- Durable finish withstands all kinds of weather
- Constructed by hand from steam-bent basswood planks
- Ideal for children between 5 to 14 years of age
- Accommodates up to 4 people at a time
- Engrave up to 10 characters on the toboggan
- Can support up to 600 lbs. of weight
- Measures 72L x 17.5W x 16H in.
Have a mountain party with the Mountain Boggan 6-Foot Toboggan. Able to fit four adults comfortably, this toboggan is handmade with fine materials such as knot-free, flexible basswood, with hand-carved willow crosspieces. The Mountain Boggan's front curl is big enough to fit an adult's feet. The construction is durable because of stainless steel screws and genuine leather grommets. The marine-grade finish is lead-free and it holds up well against inclement weather. An extra-long rope is included. You also have to option to hand-engrave your child's name right onto the sled. Lettering is 2 inches tall and runs lengthwise up the center of the sled. For children 5-14 years. Weight capacity: 600 pounds. Dimensions: 72L x 17.5W x 16H inches.
About Mountain Boy Sledworks
Mountain Boy Sleds are designed in Silverton, Colorado and tested all over the US. They are made to last with beautiful wood, hand-carved willow, and stainless-steel hardware. Performance is excellent, with many steerable sled models, cozy pull sleds, and big new toboggans.
- The company focuses on safety and on minimizing its environmental impact.
- All of their sleds are tested by an independent agency to ensure that they meet all child safety standards, and that there is no lead in the sled's finishes.
- They use only recycled cardboard packaging.
- They choose fast-growing, common, sustainable hardwoods such as birch, willow and maple.
- Mountain Boy makes sleds that are highly durable, so they won't need frequent replacement.
An important aspect to consider when shopping for the right sled, lug factor refers to the amount of effort required to lug the sled back to the top of the hill for the next ride.
These sleds have a negligible weight and are easily pulled behind the rider on the journey to the top.
Sleds with moderate lug factor are middleweight sleds that require some light effort to pull or carry up the hill.
Heavy lug factor means the sled will require some effort to be pulled up the hill. Parents or supervisors of younger sledders should be prepared to assist with lugging these sleds after a few rides.
Control level refers to a sled's steering and braking capabilities. Some sleds have none, one, or both. Though virtually all sleds can be controlled by shifting the body's weight from side to side, steering and breaking mechanisms offer greater control and safety.
Low-control sleds offer a fun, freewheeling ride with little or no steering mechanism. These sleds are intended for use in open areas free from obstacles like trees and fences.
Medium-control sleds offer steering and/or braking mechanisms that give the rider some control over directional movement and speed. These sleds are great for backyards and city parks.
Sleds with high control levels feature sophisticated steering and/or braking mechanisms for precise direction and speed control. These sleds are ideal for high-traffic terrain or hills with obstacles.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Riders
72L x 17.5W x 16H inches
With Personalization, Without Personalization
Personalization, Without Hand Engraving, With Hand Engraving
Mountain Boy Sledworks Mountain Boggan 6 ft. Toboggan
Learn more about the Mountain Boy Sledworks Mountain Boggan 6 ft. Toboggan from a knowledgeable Hayneedle representative. The durable and knot-free steam-ben basswood plank construction, the hand-carved willow cross pieces, the spacious front curl, the ability to support 600 lbs. and four adults, and the ability to engrave a name on the sled are just some of the features covered in this informational video.
$39.99 to $49.99
- Comfortable pad for toboggan
- Pads measure 36" and 55" in length
- Pads fit toboggans 48 or 72-inches in length
- Reversible: Red and Hunter Green
$119.99 to $139.99
- Can accommodate up to 2 small children
- For children 3-10 years
- Slippery plastic bottom with contoured runners carves through hard snow
- Handmade of beautiful and dependable kiln-dried birch wood
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
- Available in 2 sizes; can be engraved with up to 10 characters
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Assemble
- Older Children
Comments about Mountain Boy Sledworks Inc Mountain Boy Sledworks Mountain Boggan 6 ft. Toboggan:
This toboggan is very well made and loads of fun. The manufacturer obviously takes great care in what they do, and have produced a sled that is both beautiful and great for kids.