Music of the Spheres Aquarian Alto 50 Inch Wind ChimeItem#: HN-MOS011
- Mirrors the tranquil charm of an Alpine lake
- Central tube suspension with polished tube ends
- Heavy gauge polished stainless steel rings
- Rust-resistant tempered aluminum alloy tubing
- Corrosion-protective matte black finish
- Hand cut and precisely tuned tubes
- Tubes tuned to A440, standard orchestral pitch
- Solid polyethylene clapper for superior tonal quality
- Number of tubes: 6
- Overall length: 50 inches, longest tube: 28 inches
An original composition of the founder of Music of the Spheres, Larry Roark, the Music of the Spheres Aquarian Alto 50 Inch Wind Chime mirrors the tranquil charm of an Alpine lake or stream to bring a serene feel to your surroundings. Its refreshing tones blend beautifully with the Mongolian chimes. The Alto chime is a pleasant combination of the delicacy of the smaller chimes with the sustaining tone of the larger sizes. This weather-resistant wind chime will soothe your senses with its melodious strains and create a slice of restful haven in your backyard.
Click on the Music of the Spheres Product Information link below to learn more about the materials, craftsmanship, and tuning process involved in the creation of this wind chime.
Wind Chime Length: The length of a wind chime is measured by the overall length of the chime (not tube length)- hanging hook to the end of the sail. This windchime is 50 inches overall.
About Music of the Spheres
In 1989, Larry Roark started Music of the Spheres in his garage with a few hand tools and some galvanized steel tubing. Since then, the company has continued to grow both in sales and in square footage. Hand-made with the same attention to quality and detail as before, their melodious chimes have struck the correct chord with customers. One of the leading manufacturers of familiar and exotic wind chimes in the market today, Music of the Spheres remains dedicated to making their chimes look and sound their best.
Dimensions & Specifications
Medium Tone Chimes, Tubular Chimes
# of Tubes
Music of the Spheres
Hanging your wind chime:
There are a number of safe ways to hang your chime. The best for a particular circumstance will depend on which chime size you're hanging and where it is you would like it to hang. In all cases, simply using some basic common sense is a great start. In many cases, hanging a chime properly is not a complicated matter. Some chime hanging basics are:
- Don't hang your chime on anything that is sharp or abrasive. Over time the cord will be cut or worn and will eventually break. For instance, instead of hanging the chime from an old rusty nail, take the time to get a carabiner or some other sort of metal ring. Hang the chime from the ring, then hang the ring from the nail.
- Consider the fact that the forces on the chime support will vary and will increase substantially during severe weather conditions. When planning the support for your chime, take the time to do it right by preparing for stormy conditions.
- Test the installation by giving a tug on the chime after hanging it to make sure it stays put. For the smaller chimes, a gentle downward pull will suffice; whereas for the larger, heavier chimes, a good solid downward test pull is a good idea. A good rule of thumb is to test the installation with a force that is between two and three times the weight of the chime.
- Be considerate of your tree. When hanging chimes from a tree limb, use a blanket or a piece of rubber to spread out the load on the limb. This will avoid cutting into the bark and damaging the tree. A section of an old bicycle tire works very well for this purpose.
- Use a deck hook as a safe and convenient way to hang the chimes from a deck railing.
- Use a wall bracket to hang the chime from a wall. If mounting the bracket on a brick, stone or masonry wall, use the proper inserts for the job.
- FREE Hanging Hook included with each wind chime!
- 8 silver anodized aluminum tubes
- Cherry wood hanger, striker, and wind catcher
- Relaxing tones based on medieval scale
- Tuned to C, D, Eb, F, G, A, Bb, C
- Precision computerized tuning method
- 27-inch overall length - from hook to sail
- 1-year defect warranty
- Lifetime tuning guarantee
$107.98 to $109.98
- Best-seller and customer top-rated chime
- 6 chip-resistant anodized aluminum tubes
- Tube diameter - 1 1/4 inch
- Durable, heavy duty nylon cording
- Powder-coat finish in several color options
- High-density striker for deep tone and resonance
- Hand tuned to the scale of C
- Measures 44 inches from hook to sail
- Made in the U.S.A.
- 5-year limited warranty
$22.99 to $69.99
- Exclusive XL size (50 in.) is found only at Hayneedle!
- Laminated ash wood clapper and sail
- Resilient anodized aluminum tubing
- Crafted using recycled materials
- Tuned to C, F, A, G, F, A
- Size of chimes are measured from hook to sail (Sm - 16 in; Med - 25 in.; Lg - 40 in; XL - 50 in.)
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Attractive Design
- Easy Set-up
- Back Yard
- Front Yard
Comments about Music of the Spheres Aquarian Alto 50 Inch Wind Chime:
I find a lot of wind chimes to be annoying. My husband is a piano tech for Steinway, so everything around me is @ pitch, tones, scales, etc. These windchimes are perfectly in tune to scale and are extremely beautiful to listen to. It is worth it to spend the extra money for "something good" because this is one of those "something goods"!