Nikon Monarch 24-48x60mm Angled Body Fieldscope with DSLR Adaptor and Hybrid Body SystemItem#: HN-NIKO374
- All new Hybrid Body System for interchanging components
- Nikon's ED Extra-Low Dispersion Glass Lenses
- Dual Trans Focus System for amazing focus speeds and precision
- Includes FSA-L3 Digiscoping Adapter for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Waterproof and Fogproof
- 24-48x Zoom Magnification with 60mm Objective Lens
Nikon MONARCH 24-48x60mm Angled Body Fieldscope
MONARCH Fieldscopes are the exception to the common wisdom that fieldscopes are only designed for observation. The Hybrid Body System of the MONARCH Fieldscope optimizes the optical system for both observation and digiscoping. Now, you can easily switch from a straight or angled prism unit and switch out different eyepieces – making the MONARCH Fieldscope perfect for Prime Focus Digiscoping.
The New Frontier In Optical Technology
MONARCH brands have proved popular among bird watchers and nature observers. Living up to its name, the new MONARCH Fieldscopes have undergone further evolution. The new Hybrid Optical System, with wholly redesigned optical system and body, provides maximum optical performance not only for observation but also for digiscoping. The prism unit can be removed from the objective lens unit and interchanged, making it possible to select the lens diameter, prism and attachment suited to your needs. Enjoy a clear view of the new field.
Nikon’s ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass Lenses
Built with Nikon’s ED Glass Lenses, MONARCH Fieldscopes deliver superior sharpness and color correction for unmatched detail resolution. This polished and refined optical system achieves as clear a view as possible, ensuring that the MONARCH Fieldscope lives up to its name.
Dual Trans Focus System
With the newly developed Dual Trans Focus System, the focusing ring provides two focus speeds. Rotating the focusing ring with a large angle performs fast focus and then rotating it in the opposite direction performs slower and precise focus. Focus speed automatically slows down to one third. This system allows users to use the fast focus to catch quick moving subjects, such as wild animals, or use the fine focus adjustment to highlight subjects in precise detail while super-telephoto digiscoping.
Prime Focus Digiscoping System
The MONARCH Fieldscope with Hybrid Body System offers prime focus digiscoping. In prime focus digiscoping, the objective lens unit mounts on an interchangeable lens digital camera via the attachment without using prism and eyepiece. The light entering the lens directly reaches the image sensor to form an image. Take full advantage of the lens’ optical performance to perform super-telephoto shooting with ultra-high resolution.
New Sleeve Mount Mechanism
Even the slightest deviation of the optical axis may greatly affect optical performance. Nikon uses a special sleeve mechanism to connect the objective lens unit and prism unit for easy attachment and detachment while minimizing optical axis deviation.
Advanced Apochromat Optical System
The advanced apochromat optical system with Nikon’s ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass is applied to correct not only chromatic aberrations of red, blue and green, but also violet chromatic aberrations that greatly interfere with image quality. Because chromatic aberrations are minimized, observations with clear and contrast-rich views are now possible. This is especially noticeable when digiscoping, as sharp pictures with even higher-resolution are now attainable.
Field-Flattener Lens System
Curvature of field is an aberration that occurs when focusing on the center of the field of view causes the periphery to go out of focus. Nikon’s field flattener lens system compensates for this aberration.
Superb Brightness and Color Fidelity
Nikon applies a high quality multilayer coating to definitively control light transmission. Layers of anti-reflective coatings uniformly transmit the light of a wide range of wavelengths, ensuring a view that is bright and rich with true colors. These coatings are applied to all lens and prism surfaces, including those of the prime focus shooting attachments.
Fully Rubber Armored
The MONARCH Fieldscope is optimized for comfortable handling, thanks to a fully rubber armored exterior body.
The MONARCH Fieldscope will stand up to inclement weather, thanks to its flexible waterproof packing. It is Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof/fogproof performance.
Includes Nikon DSLR Camera Adapter
Nikon’s new FSA-L3 Monarch fieldscope adapter is designed for use with the Nikon DSLR cameras. It enables super-telephoto shooting as well as full-size sensor shooting without vignetting. The enhanced digiscoping functionality and optical design reflects Nikon’s high standards of excellence.
- Connects with the F-mount of a Nikon DSLR camera
- Enables super-telephoto shooting with a MONARCH fieldscope: 500mm focal point with an 82mm objective lens, 400mm with a 60mm objective lens *
- Compatibility with Nikon FX enables full-size sensor shooting without vignetting
- Optical design corrects chromatic aberrations
- Multilayer coating on all lens surfaces ensures bright images
- Focus Aid indicator ensures highly accurate focusing, even when done manually
- Exposure modes: automatic (aperture priority) and manual
- Centre-weighted exposure metering
* When attached to a Nikon DSLR camera using an f/8-compatible AF sensor
* When used with a Nikon DX-format DSLR camera, the picture angle is equivalent to approx. 1.5x focal length of 35mm format
Dimensions & Specifications
Spotting Scope Size
Close Focusing Distance
2.5mm at 24x
15.2mm at 24x
Field of View at 1000 Yards
132 ft. at 24x
Objective Lens Diameter
Spotting Scopes Series
Nikon Monarch Fieldscopes with Hybrid Body System
- Truly universal for fitting any spotting scope
- Can even fit binoculars
- Select from Canon, Nikon or Smartphone adapters
- Simple to use, includes insert rings for a perfect fit
- Made with anodized aluminum
- Ultra lightweight
- Quick-flip leg locks
- Maximum load capacity 11 lbs.
- Extended height 70 1/8 inches
- Perfect for spotting scopes with tripod
- Hydration pocket
- Built-In All Weather AW Cover
- Room for spotting scope, tripod, binoculars and more