Oxford Garden Classic Bench SetItem#: HN-OG115
- Eco-friendly, durable shorea wood
- 4-ft. bench, 1 arm chair, 1 end table, 1 coffee table
- Natural wood oils enhance weather resistance
- Resistant to rotting, bug infestation, and marring
- Weathers to a silvery gray if left untreated
1 Bench, 1 Arm chair, 1 Coffee table, 1 End table
What's Not Included
- 4-ft. bench: 48.5L x 26.5W x 35H inches
- Chair: 23W x 26.5D x 35H inches
- End table: 17.5L x 17.5D x 16.5H inches
- Coffee table: 35.25L x 20.5W x 16.5H inches
- Unfinished wood can be stained or treated if preferred
- Gently arching backrest design softens overall look
- Arms sculpted with a 35-degree radius for a comfortable feel
- Deep seat has an ergonomic curve
- Mortise and tenon joint construction adds strength and longevity
- Cushions aren't necessary for comfort but can be added at checkout
An ideal spot for gathering for tea or cocktails, the Oxford Garden Classic Bench Set features seating for three and beautifully crafted pieces. Consisting of a 4-ft bench, an arm chair, a coffee table and an end table, this set has everything you need for a comfortable outdoor visit. All seats feature ergonomic contours and solid armrests. You can add cushions on at checkout if you'd like to add a punch of color, but these pieces don't need cushions to be comfortable.
Shorea Wood: An Eco-Friendly Choice
Like teak, it's more expensive counterpart, Shorea is a high-quality hardwood praised not only for its looks, but also for its longevity and resistance to decay. Shorea is hard and dense, like teak. In fact, it possesses an even tighter wood grain, making it heavier, denser, and harder than teak, and both woods are extremely resistant to decay. Shorea wood contains a comparatively high oil content, which not only enhances its defenses against the ravages of time and changing climate, but also against destructive insect infestations. So if teak and Shorea are so similar, why does teak cost up to twice as much? Shorea's lower cost can be attributed to its abundance compared to teak's rarity.
This abundance of supply is also what makes Shorea a green choice. Shorea wood is carefully regulated. Only mature trees can be legally harvested. This ensures a steady supply of Shorea wood, while also protecting irreplaceable forests. Because Oxford Garden obtains their Shorea wood from superior sources, minimal processing is required to bring out the wood's stunning color and grains. This means less chemicals used. Oxford Garden's factories use recycled wood to fuel production kilns. They take steps to conserve natural resources and the result is a smaller carbon footprint.
Why Choose Oxford Garden?
Exquisite pieces and impressive product assortment aside, there are several factors that set Oxford Garden apart from the competition. First, Oxford Garden starts with the best Shorea wood sources. This results in more beautiful, more durable furniture. The next thing that distinguishes them is their unrivaled craftsmanship. They take pride in meticulous construction of each product. In fact, Oxford Garden has a unique, multiple quality checkpoint system to be sure you're getting the best. Most of their products go through rigorous consumer safety tests, and before they package any product, they put it together themselves to ensure it assembles seamlessly for you. Thirdly, Oxford Garden believes furniture should be comfortable and attractive. They create ergonomic pieces designed to accommodate the contours of the human body. Finally, by using Shorea wood, Oxford Garden is able to bring you affordable luxury. Their superb craftsmanship ensures longevity for years of enjoyable use, while their incomparable designs are centered on comfort and beauty.
Dimensions & Specifications
48.5L x 26.5W x 35H in.
23W x 26.5D x 35H in.
Coffee Table Dimensions
35.25L x 20.5W x 16.5H in.
End Table Dimensions
17.5L x 17.5D x 16.5H in.
2 - 3 Person
550 lbs. (Bench)
Wood Care Instructions
After assembly, furniture should be rinsed well with water to remove dust left over from manufacturing. This should be done before placing on concrete or tile to prevent staining. Since Shorea has such high oil content and is so dense, it weathers well outside without maintenance at all. Shorea will weather naturally to silver gray. While the weather process may change its color, the grain will still be smooth. You may treat each piece with Teak oil to prolong weathering.
A seasonal cleaning may be desired. This can be done easily with a mild solution of water, laundry detergent, and a little bleach. Just rinse the furniture and use a sponge or soft bristle brush to scrub the furniture with the solution. Lastly, rinse the furniture with more fresh water.
If the original warm brown color is preferred, Oxford Garden suggests any teak oil to be used seasonally to preserve the color. The application of oil is simply cosmetic. Test in an inconspicuous spot to approve the color before applying to the whole piece of furniture. Application of oil is at the customer's discretion and is not included in the warranty. If the original wood color is preferred after graying has begun, Oxford Garden recommends using a wood cleaner to restore the color. Follow up with a new application of teak oil.
Painting or using polyurethane is NOT recommended due to the high oil content of shorea wood. Because some surface roughness may develop early in the weathering process, a very light sanding may be desired to smooth out the roughness. Follow up with a dry rough cleaning sponge to remove any remaining sawdust.
$91.00 to $123.90
- Designed to fit Oxford Garden bench
- Fade- and weather-resistant Sunbrella fabric
- 2-inch-thick foam core wrapped in polyester layer
- Attractive single piping on edges
- Ties and notched corners ensure a snug fit
- Wide selection of popular colors
- Available in 4- and 5-ft. lengths
$322.00 to $495.60
- Commercial Quality
- Beautiful Shorea wood construction
- Rot, weather and insect resistant
- Contoured for extra comfort
- Choose 4-ft. or 5-ft. bench (based on availability)
- 4-ft. bench measures 48.5L x 26.5W x 35H inches
- 5-ft. bench measures 60.5L x 26.5W x 35H inches
- Seat Height: 17.25 inches
- Crafted from durable shorea wood
- Wood naturally resists decay & insects
- Weathers to a beautiful silver-gray color
- Wide armrests and classic scalloped back
- Matching foot stool sold separately below
- Dimensions: 31W x 35.5D x 38H inches