P-38 Lightning Model AirplaneItem#: HN-UHC042
- Richard Bong became "Ace of Aces" in a P-38
- Unique double hull design
- Beautifully handcrafted from solid mahogany
- Finished with three coats of polyurethane gloss
- Stained look shows wood's natural beauty
- Wooden stand makes a great display
- From the WWII era (1941)
- Manufactured by Lockheed Martin
- 22 wingspan inches
1 Model Plane, 1 Wooden Stand
Major Richard Bong became America's "Ace of Aces" in the P-38 Lightning. Breaking a record of 26 victories with this long range escort fighter, 60 days later he ran the score up to 40 victories to receive the Medal of Honor.
Our stylized replica has been produced by hand-carving recycled mahogany wood. The model plane is then lacquered with three coats of polyurethane for a glossy finish. Resting on its handsome wooden base, this piece will perfectly complement your collection.
Dimensions & Specifications