PBM-5 MarinerItem#: HN-TAMC171
- U.S. maritime patrol bomber
- Propeller-driven aircraft, two engine
- Handcrafted, hand-painted mahogany construction
- Scale: 1/72nd
- Operators: U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Royal Australian Air Force, others worldwide
- Time in operation: 1940-1962 (Uruguay)
- World War II era
- Manufacturers: Martin
- Length: 13.25 inches
- Wingspan: 20 inches
Designed alongside the PBY Catalina, the PBM Mariner was a twin-engine maritime patrol bomber used by the U.S. Navy throughout World War II and in the years after. Mariners flew anti-submarine and maritime patrols, as well as sea rescue missions, proving quite successful in both roles. More than 1300 aircraft of the type were produced, in several variants, and they were used by multiple Allied nations.
The Privateer modeled here is a PBM-5, the last and most numerous production variant, with a U.S. Navy grey paint scheme. This superbly crafted and finely detailed model will be treasured by any collector or enthusiast.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Pieces
Toys and Models