Sanctuary 3 Drawer Nightstand - Dune and BeachItem#: HN-HOOK2103
- Mahogany solids with veneers construction
- 3-sided drawer boxes with French dovetails in front and English dovetails in back
- Distressed antiqued white finish
- Simulated shell carvings in matching antiqued finish
- Dimensions: 36W x 20D x 32H inches
Why is the Sanctuary 3 Drawer Nightstand - Dune and Beach one of our favorites? Because it's made of mahogany solids, and it's just really fun to say, "m-a-h-o-g-a-n-y." It's such a cool wood. In this case, it has a distressed antiqued white finish with MDF drawer fronts and a honey brown top. The three-sided drawers have French dovetails in the front and English dovetails in the back. Another nice feature is the center-guided drawer guides and simulated shell carvings.
Not available for sale in, or delivery to, the state of California.
About Hooker Furniture Corporation
For 83 years, Hooker Furniture Corporation has produced high-quality, innovative home furnishings that seamlessly combine function and elegance. Today, Hooker is one of the nation's premier manufacturers and importers of furniture and seeks to enrich the lives of customers with beautiful, trouble-free home furnishings. The Martinsville, Virginia, based company specializes in lifestyle driven furnishings like entertainment centers, home office furniture, accent tables, and chairs.
Construction of Hooker Furniture
Hooker Furniture chooses solid woods and select wood veneers over wood frames to construct their high-quality pieces. By using wood veneer, pieces can be given a decorative look that can't be achieved with the use of solid wood alone. The veneers add beautiful accents of color and design to the pieces, and are placed over engineered wood product for strength. All Hooker wood veneers are made from renewable resources and are located primarily on the flat surfaces of the furniture, such as the case tops and sides.
Each Hooker furniture piece is finished using up to 30 different steps, including 13 steps of hand-sanding and accenting. Physical distressing is done by hand. Pieces receive two to three coats of solid lacquer to create extra depth and add durability to the finish. Each case frame is assembled using strong mortise-and-tenon joints, which are then reinforced by mechanical fasteners and glue. On most designs, end panels extend to the floor to add strength and stability. Panel-style furniture features strong panel and frame construction to help avoid warping.
Your Hooker furniture features finished case interiors to eliminate unsightly "raw wood" and to help protect items you may store inside drawers or cabinets. Drawer parts are given a urethane or lacquer finish to create smooth action and durability. All drawers use dovetails, either English or French, for years of problem-free use. Drawer bottoms are constructed from plywood and attached to the plywood drawer sides via the use of hot glue and/or wood glue blocks. Most drawers are full width, depth, and height to provide the maximum amount of storage space.
Dimensions & Specifications
Number of Drawers
36W x 20D x 32H in.
Dune and Beach
Hardwood Solids / Ash Veneer
$1,698.00 to $1,898.00
- Constructed of hardwood solids
- Modern upholstered platform bed with Bling finish
- Detailed crescent shapes and top, center medallion
- Upholstered covered footboard and rails
- Available in queen, king and Calif. king sizes
- Hardwood solids with veneers
- Clothing rod behind the 2 doors
- 2 shelves behind top doors
- Bottom drawers are cedar-lined and self-closing with the touch of a finger
- Dimensions: 52W x 24D x 86H inches
- Solid hardwood construction
- 2 adjustable shelves
- 2 doors with mirror finish
- 3 receptacles with USB ports on back
- Dimensions: 30W x 24D x 36H inches