Sky-Watcher Esprit 100mm ED APO Triplet Refractor Optical TubeItem # HN-CELE630
- 100mm Apochromatic 3-element refractor
- 550mm (f/5.5) focal length
- Thread-on field flattener
- 2.7" focuser w/micro focus
- 2" diagonal with dielectric coatings
Sky-Watcher PRO 100ED APO Refractor OTA
Sky-Watcher Esprit 120mm ED APO Triplet Refractor Optical Tube
QHYCCD QHY9M Monochromatic CCD Camera with Color Filter Wheel
TeleVue TV-NP101 Refractor Telescope OTA
Sky-Watcher Esprit 80mm ED APO Triplet Refractor Optical Tube
Meade Series 6000 130mm ED Triplet APO Refractor Telescope
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Sky-Watcher Esprit 100mm ED APO Triplet Refractor Optical Tube:
I got this strictly for AP. I won't bore you with a long review, I'll just tell you what I like and I don't like.
• Compact. It's short and the dew shield slides all the way down, thus making the case very small. Great portability
• Optics. Can't say enough, great optics.
Comes with a very nice field flatener. Though the camera adapter only works with a Canon. Nikon users beware.
• Construction. I think this could be better. An example, the screws that tighten the dew shield just feel like an extrememly cheap design.
• All of the screw on fittings and the focusing mechanism required some lubrication. Out of the box, everything was just dry and didn't go together well, especially the focusing.
• The focusing mechanism. I thought Crayford was supposed to be a good focusing mechanism? The fine focus has an EXTREME amount of play in it. This thing WILL be replaced with a moonlite focuser without any doubt.
• The case. I think this is the same case their scopes costing 1/4 the price come in. The cutouts in the foam are WAY too tight. You have to pry the OTA out of the foam, and it has ripped the layers apart. Also, the finder scope has to be loosened and rotated to fit into the foam cuttout, which leads to the next dislike.
• Finder scope. The finder on my Zhumell dob is 10x easier to align than this one. It's just a pain that everytime I put this on, I have to re-align it, and the way it is made, is too much of a chore.
I think the scope is a great scope, and for AP and planetary viewing.
However, given the price (it is EXPENSIVE), it should be made a little better, and CERTAINLY have a better focuser AND case.
Given the price, it is just average. I had a hard time between 2 and 3 stars. I think this scope is about $800 overpriced.
Is it worth the price? If you don't mind spending the money and want a good F5 refractor for AP. Yes.
My recommendation is based on "what are your needs"? For me, this scope fits. If someone else was in the same boat, I would recommend.
If you could settle for an F6, I'd look elsewhere.
Would I buy this again? Probably not.
Do I regret the purchase? Absolutely NOT.
- Was this a gift?:
Customer Q & A
Enter your question, and one of our Customer Care experts will respond via email and also post the answer here.
Your Valid Email