Jaques Solomon Croquet MalletItem#: HN-JA035
- Competition mallet designed for John Solomon
- Brass-ringed square head of Lignum Vitae
- English hickory octagonal handle with Takair grip
- Square mallet head: 9L x 2.25W x 2.25H inches
- Handle length: 37.5 inches; Weight: 3 lbs.
One Croquet Mallet
The traditional Solomon Croquet Mallet was originally designed for John Solomon, the greatest croquet player of our time. One of the most popular competition models, this mallet has a square head turned from Lignum Vitae, the hardest wood available. Brass rings at either end of the mallet add weight and protect against damage caused by miss-hits.
Many professional croquet players prefer the narrower width of the square head as it makes play hoop shots easier. There may also be some advantage sometimes in being able to stand a square headed mallet upright and stepping back from it to check alignment.
The Solomon Mallet has an English made octagonal Hickory handle with colorful, wind-on Takair grip.
Dimensions & Specifications
Square Brass Ringed
Mallet Handle Dimensions
37 1/2 inches
Mallet Head Dimensions
9L x 2 1/4W inches
3 lbs. +
- Protect your investment wisely
- Perfect for both storage and travel
- Durable green canvas bag
- Fits any standard mallet
- Dimensions: 39L x 10.5W inches
- Recreational hoops with considerable weight
- Heavy wrought iron construction
- Slightly larger-than-regulation opening: 4.25 inches
- Ideal for frequent recreational players
- .5-inch thickness
- Lighter weight balls for beginners or kids
- Regulation-size, but only 12 oz. weight
- Highly durable solid plastic construction
- Each ball is double scored with milling pattern
- Black, yellow, red, and blue included