Jaques Solomon Croquet Mallet w/Roller HandleItem#: HN-JA036
- Professional roller mallet designed for John Solomon
- Square head with brass ringed carved from Lignum Vitae
- Octagonal hickory shaft with roller grip and Carbotec grip
- Square mallet head: 9L x 2.25W x 2.25H inches
- Handle length: 37.5 inches; Weight: 3 lbs.
One Croquet Mallet
The traditional Solomon Croquet Mallet was originally designed for John Solomon, the greatest croquet player of our time. One of the most popular competition models, this mallet has a square head turned from Lignum Vitae, the hardest wood available. Brass rings at either end of the mallet add weight and protect against damage caused by miss-hits.
Many professional croquet players prefer the narrower width of the square head as it makes playing hoop shots easier. There may also be some advantage sometimes in being able to stand a square headed mallet upright and stepping back from it to check alignment.
The Solomon Croquet Mallet with Roller Handle has a patented roller shaft grip of concentric circles close to the head makes it easier to play roll shots. Its British made Hickory handle with cane splicing makes for better driving power, strength, feel, and flexibility.
Dimensions & Specifications
Square Brass Ringed
Mallet Handle Dimensions
37 1/2 inches
Mallet Head Dimensions
9L x 2 1/4W inches
3 lbs. +
- Protect your investment wisely
- Perfect for both storage and travel
- Durable green canvas bag
- Fits any standard mallet
- Dimensions: 39L x 10.5W inches
- Lighter weight balls for beginners or kids
- Regulation-size, but only 12 oz. weight
- Highly durable solid plastic construction
- Each ball is double scored with milling pattern
- Black, yellow, red, and blue included
- Professional hoops for competitive play
- Heavy cast iron molding with oven-baked finish
- Regulation dimensions and colors
- Use for a tournament or permanent facility
- .75-inch thickness