Jaques Solomon Tuftex Croquet MalletItem#: HN-JA037
- Mallet designed for legendary John Solomon
- Square head with brass rings and Tuftex Faces
- Head carved from Lignum Vitae
- Octagonal English hickory handle with Takair grip
- Square mallet head: 9L x 2.25W x 2.25H inches
- Handle length: 37.5 inches; Weight: 3 lbs.
One Croquet Mallet
The traditional Solomon Croquet Mallet was originally designed for John Solomon, the greatest croquet player of our time. One of the most popular competition models, this mallet has a square head turned from Lignum Vitae, the hardest wood available. Brass rings at either end of the mallet add weight and protect against damage caused by miss-hits.
Many professional croquet players prefer the narrower width of the square head as it makes play hoop shots easier. There may also be some advantage sometimes in being able to stand a square headed mallet upright and stepping back from it to check alignment.
The Solomon Tuftex Croquet Mallet has an English made octagonal Hickory handle with colorful, wind-on Takair grip and its head features Tuftex faces which make the mallet extremely durable and protects it from damage caused by miss-hits.
Dimensions & Specifications
Square Brass Ringed
Mallet Handle Dimensions
37 1/2 inches
Mallet Head Dimensions
9L x 2 1/4W inches
3 lbs. +
9L x 2 1/4W in. Mallet Head Dimensions
- Protect your investment wisely
- Perfect for both storage and travel
- Durable green canvas bag
- Fits any standard mallet
- Dimensions: 39L x 10.5W inches
- Complete guide to the game of croquet
- History, rules, and instruction
- Gain a better understanding of this popular game
- Written by A.E. Gill
- Professional hoops recommended by CA
- Cast iron with oven-baked white finish
- Regulation standards with one red, one blue, four white
- Ideal for competitive play and heavy use
- .75-inch thickness