Spitfire IX RAF Johnnie JohnsonItem#: HN-TAMC223
- British fighter aircraft
- Prop-driven aircraft, single engine
- Handcrafted, hand-painted mahogany construction
- Scale: 1/24th
- Operators: British Royal Air Force, Commonweath air forces, U.S. Army Air Force, Polish Air Force in exile, several more worldwide
- Time in operation: 1938-1961
- World War II era
- Manufacturers: Supermarine
- Length: 18.7 inches
- Wingspan: 17.8 inches
One of the most instantly recognizable aircraft of World War Two, the Supermarine Spitfire saw combat in every theatre and every combat front of the war, even serving with Russian units on the Eastern Front for a time. Its elliptical wing gives it a unique silhouette that has become the stuff of legend. Every Allied nation flew Spitfires at some point during the war, and the plane was utilized for every mission a fighter can perform, from aerial dogfighting to ground attack to reconnaissance.
This particular model is built and painted to match the seat of RAF pilot J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, the highest scoring British pilot of World War Two. Extreme care is taken to ensure that every detail is as accurate as possible, making this model a prime choice for any collector.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Pieces
Toys and Models