T-6A Texan II NavyItem#: HN-TAMC176
- U.S. trainer aircraft
- Propeller-driven aircraft, single engine
- Handcrafted, hand-painted mahogany construction
- Scale: 1/32nd
- Operators: U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, Canadian Forces, Greek Air Force, German Luftwaffe (modern)
- Time in operation: 2001-present
- Post-World War II era
- Manufacturers: Raytheon aircraft Company (now Hawker Beechcraft)
- Length: 12 inches
- Wingspan: 12.38 inches
The T-6 Texan II is being introduced to the U.S. Air Force and Navy to replace their existing trainer aircraft. First replacements began in 2001, and are expected to be complete by 2009. A quarter of the aircraft's cost is its advanced ejection seats, which are capable of being safely used on the ground at zero airspeed. A few other nations, including Greece, Canada, and Germany utilize the aircraft as a trainer vehicle.
Modeled here with painstaking detail, this little Texan II is finished as a U.S. Navy trainer. Quality handcrafted construction and intense attention to detail will make this model stand out as beautiful to any eye.
Dimensions & Specifications
# of Pieces
Toys and Models