U-2 Black Lady Model AirplaneItem#: HN-UHC059
- Nearly invisible on surveillance at over 60,000 feet
- Inspired the name of the Irish rock band
- Beautifully handcrafted from solid mahogany
- Finished with three coats of polyurethane gloss
- Stained look shows wood's natural beauty
- Wooden stand makes a great display
- Air Force
- From the post-WWII era (1955)
- Manufactured by Lockheed Martin
- 24 wingspan inches
1 Model Plane, 1 Wooden Stand
The U-2 was designed and built for surveillance missions in the thin atmosphere above 55,000 feet. It featured a long body and wide, sailplane-like wings that rendered it barely visible in overhead flights, and invisible at its cruising altitude above 60,000 feet.
This impressive replica is handcrafted from solid mahogany. Every detail is detailed for authenticity and given a smooth gloss. The wooden base is the perfect platform to showcase this stunning model.
Dimensions & Specifications