Young Naturalist-Backyard BirdItem#: HN-GO091
- Great beginning guide for children from grades 4 to 7
- Brief descriptions about 20 common backyard species
- Features the life-like and detailed illustrations
- 48 useful pages includes notes on habitats, diet, and calls
- Must have guide for bird watchers
A great gift for the budding ornithologist in your family, the Young Naturalist-Backyard Bird is sure to inspire. With illustrations and brief descriptions of about 20 backyard species, this guide is excellent for children from Grades 4 to 7. Featuring the life-like and detailed illustrations of celebrated and award-winning naturalist Roger Tory Peterson, Backyard Birds is a great way to introduce youngsters to birding. Easily accessible and non-threatening, this volume can inspire a lifelong love of birds.
Birds are categorized by their color and the young reader will be introduced to the Peterson Identification System which is the standard of species identification in the field. Readers will be able to identify up to 20 common backyard species found throughout the U.S. and Canada. Notes on descriptions, habitats, diet and calls are included.
Dimensions & Specifications
Bird Books Essentials
5 Robin Review
$22.99 to $69.99
- Exclusive XL size (50 in.) is found only at Hayneedle!
- Laminated ash wood clapper and sail
- Resilient anodized aluminum tubing
- Crafted using recycled materials
- Tuned to C, F, A, G, F, A
- Size of chimes are measured from hook to sail (Sm - 16 in; Med - 25 in.; Lg - 40 in; XL - 50 in.)
$79.98 to $91.98
- Customer Favorite!
- 6 chip resistant, anodized aluminum tubes
- Tube diameter 1 inch
- Powder-coat finish in several color options
- Durable, heavy duty nylon cording
- High-density striker for faithful tone and resonance
- Hand-tuned to the key of E
- Measures 36 inches from hook to sail
- Made in the U.S.A.
- 5 year limited warranty
- Made of durable metal
- Adorable dragonfly design
- Can be matched with bird feeder or tea lantern
- Accommodates a large hanging basket filled with flowers
- Available in your choice of finish
- Measures 16 in. long
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Deserves Multiple Readings
- Travel Reading
- Younger Readers
Comments about Gold Crest Young Naturalist-Backyard Bird:
I am a birder-by-ear. I bought the book for a visual reference guide for my 12-year-old daughter that shares my interest in birding. Since I cannot point out bird species to her, due to my vision loss, I bought her the book to get her started. This book is a great book for starting out anyone wanting to learn the different species of birds, and identifying them by-sight. My daughter loves this book very much. It is very helpful, and has great photos, according to my daughter. I highly recommend this book for beginner birders, whether they are young or old.