Vixen A80Mf Refractor OTAItem#: HN-VIX035
The A80Mf is an Achromatic Refractor with 80 mm (3.2") of aperture. Its focal length is 910 mm (3 ft.) with an f ratio of 11.4. Its light gathering is 130 times better than the human eye and has a maximum (realistic) power of 144x. It weighs about 5.5 lbs.
The A80Mf OTA (Optical Tube Assembly) comes complete with:
- Vixen A80Mf, 80 mm f/11.4 optical tube
- A 6 x 30 power finder telescope attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20 mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3 mm eyepiece for those really clear nights, for high-power viewing.
- A diagonal prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A dew/sun shield.
- A complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A80Mf to one of the optional Vixen mounts.
Dimensions & Specifications
Good for Astrophotography
Highest Useful Magnification
Astrophotography, Viewing the Moon, Viewing the Planets
Vixen OTA Optical Tubes
For the Expert
Weight Optical Tube
- Vertical/Horizontal Motion
- 120 Tooth wheel gears
- Whole circle movement
- Dovetail Plate attachment system
- Maximum Load Weight - 20 lbs
- Weight - 15 lbs
- Tripod is aluminum 2 section
- Adjustable from 35.4 to 51.2 inches
- Five Year Warranty
- Designed to mount 1 or 2 telescopes at a time
- Works with telescopes that use Vixen-style dovetail brackets
- Heavy duty with adjustable height and dual-mount head
- Counterbalance not needed when mounting one telescope
- Weight capacity of 50 lbs.
- Features amazing StarBook GoTo Controller
- Full Color Screen with star-chart display
- 180-thooth worm gear for fine full circle motion
- Counterweight shaft is stored inside mount
- Load capacity of 22 lbs.