ADM Accessories Dual Saddle for Celestron CGEMItem # HN-ADM023
- Replaces stock saddle on Celestron CGEM Mount
- Allows for both Vixen and Losmandy dovetails
- Includes upgraded knobs
- Orange anodized knobs for matching Celestron stock pieces
ADM Accessories CGEM Counterweight Bar 22 Inches
ADM Accessories CGEM Knob Upgrade - Altitude Locking Knob
ADM Accessories CGEM Knob Upgrade - Polar Hole Plug
Similar Telescope Accessories
Celestron Power Tank 12v Power Supply 7 Amp Hour for Computerized Celestron Telescopes
Celestron AC Adapter for Computerized Celestron Telescopes
Celestron Star Pointer Finderscope
Celestron Motor Drive for AstroMaster/PowerSeeker EQ Telescopes
HOTECH 2 Inch SCA Laser Collimator for Newtonian Telescopes
Celestron Sky Maps
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- It works
- Knob bolts too short
- Knobs can hurt
Comments about ADM Accessories Dual Saddle for Celestron CGEM:
I wanted an easy way to put an 11" EdgeHD (CGE mount) or an ES 127 Triplet APO (Vixen mount) on a CGEM mount. This is the product that everyone recommends.
It does work fine, but there are some issues:
1) When installing this on the CGEM head, there is a little "slop" in the screw holes before you tighten everything down. I'm not sure that the saddle is 100% parallel to the axis, so now I'm waiting for tracking errors to become apparent. So far so good, and maybe this won't be an issue.
2) The knob bolts are just barely long enough to open the saddle fully. One turn too little, and the OTA dovetail won't fit in. One turn too much, and the bolts come out. A bit of a pain when working in the dark.
3) The original CGEM saddle knobs were a bit smooth, and it was sometimes hard to get a good grip on them when opening the saddle. The ADM knobs are beautiful, but they have the opposite problem. They really bite into your hand when opening the saddle. OUCH! I now use a glove...
- Was this a gift?:
Customer Q & A
Your Valid Email