ADM Accessories Dual Saddle for Celestron CGEMItem#: HN-ADM023
The perfect replacement saddle for people wishing to mount either Losmandy "D" series dovetails or Vixen "V" series dovetails. Includes Upgraded knobs, external replacement collar. Orange Anodized Knobs.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Replaces stock counterweight bar on CGEM mount
- CNC 303 Stainless Steel
- 22" long from end to end
- Original safety stop threads directly into end
- Replaces stock altitude locking knob on CGEM mount
- Identical in length to the original
- CNC aluminum
- Replaces stock plastic hole plug on CGEM mount
- Rubber O Ring seats perfectly in the housing
- Celestron Orange to match other accessories
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- It works
- Knob bolts too short
- Knobs can hurt
Comments about ADM Accessories Dual Saddle for Celestron CGEM:
I wanted an easy way to put an 11" EdgeHD (CGE mount) or an ES 127 Triplet APO (Vixen mount) on a CGEM mount. This is the product that everyone recommends.
It does work fine, but there are some issues:
1) When installing this on the CGEM head, there is a little "slop" in the screw holes before you tighten everything down. I'm not sure that the saddle is 100% parallel to the axis, so now I'm waiting for tracking errors to become apparent. So far so good, and maybe this won't be an issue.
2) The knob bolts are just barely long enough to open the saddle fully. One turn too little, and the OTA dovetail won't fit in. One turn too much, and the bolts come out. A bit of a pain when working in the dark.
3) The original CGEM saddle knobs were a bit smooth, and it was sometimes hard to get a good grip on them when opening the saddle. The ADM knobs are beautiful, but they have the opposite problem. They really bite into your hand when opening the saddle. OUCH! I now use a glove...
- Was this a gift?: