Authentic Models 1690 World Map Scroll - 78.7W x 56.7H in.Item#: HN-AMD194
Journey into the past in detail like you've never seen with the Authentic Models 1690 World Map Scroll. Mapping Amsterdam during its height of cartography, this scroll features blank spots that were to be filled in later as new territories were studied. A Giclee reproduction, this piece is made with the finest print capabilities on the market. Complete with a one-year limited warranty.
- Original facsimile consisted of 12 segments, printed from 11 engraved copperplates
- Published c. 1690 by Gerrit or Gerard van Schagen of Amsterdam; original by Joan Blaeu, the famous Amsterdam publisher of maps and atlases
- Original map is part of the Special Collections Department of the University Library of Amsterdam
About Authentic Models
Authentic Models strives to create and distribute a comprehensive collection of historic and fine art reproductions worldwide. Haring Piebenga founded the company in 1968, and today AM is a European wholesale manufacturer with warehouses and corporate offices in Oregon and Amsterdam. AM pursues original items at auctions and uses these models for their design ideas. Each hand-made item appeals to the human need for nostalgia, intrigue, and beauty by evoking a story from the past. High-quality construction using only the finest materials ensures that these charming pieces will become treasured heirlooms in their own right.
Dimensions & Specifications
78.7W x 56.7H in.
1 Year Limited
All Other Themes, World and Map
Authentic Models 1690 World Map Scroll Video
Learn more about the Authentic Models 1690 World Map Scroll from a knowledgeable Hayneedle representative. 1690 world map reproduction, solid wood spreader bars and high quality Giclee printing methods are just some of the features covered in this informational video.
- Metal frame
- Antiqued finish
- Hangs from faux leather strap
- Quartz operation; runs on 2 AA batteries (not included)
- 24 diam. inches; weighs 14 lbs.
- Made of durable plastic
- Set of 4 spheres in traditional style
- Perfect for home or office
- Features a world map and old world finish
- Measures 4 diam. in.
$83.00 to $1,622.00
- Combination of orange and amber
- 100% hand-spun wool pile
- Hand-tufted design for indoor use
- Made in India
- Available in your choice of size