TeleVue Bandmate NebuStar Filter - 2 InchItem#: HN-TVU007
Bandmate NebuStar Filter
High-performance, dielectric, squarewave UHCtype general purpose filtergreat for all nebulae types and instrument sizes.
- Red blocking allows brighter, sharper star images not plagued with red fringing seen on most filters.
- Highest transmission in critical bands
- Optical quality BK-7 substrate means no loss of sharpnesseven when used in front of mirror diagonals.
100% quality control:
- Every single filter is checked optically and cosmetically to assure performance.
- Every filter is individually serialized.
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
$79.00 to $127.00
- Planetary and Lunar views are improved
- Great for Jupiter's Great Red Spot
- Martian surface features significanly boosted
- Darkens background sky and improves subtle detail
- Great for Galaxies, Nebulae and Globular Clusters
- A must for viewing nebula!
- Transmits wavelengths from 2 doubly ionized oxygen lines
- Blocks all other lines to increase detail and contrast
- Vacuum-deposited coating to block unnatural colored halos
- Enhances planetary nebulae in larger telescopes
- Helps provide bright and sharp images
- Retains sharpness with polished BK-7 substrate
- Can be used in front of diagonal with no light loss
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Performs as advertised
- Strong Construction
Comments about TeleVue Bandmate NebuStar Filter - 2 Inch:
I have only ever used this filter from very light poluted areas - however, it does make a difference. If you cannot view the nebula in the eyepiece WITHOUT the filter, the addition of this piece WILL NOT suddenly cause the nebula to appear. However, it will improve contrast on nebulas that are already visible, and, in some cases, it will increase visible contrasts with other objects (such as planets). I even get a kick out of using it to view the moon - very pretty.