Celestron Oceana 8x42 Monocular with Compass and ReticleItem#: HN-CELE472
This monocular by Celestron is an excellent tool to bring with you sailing or on a cruise for enhanced viewing opportunities of all types of marine life within a distance of eight times magnification beyond what you can see with your naked eye. The device is specifically designed for marine use and features a waterproof and fogproof design so you do not have to worry about a few splashes ruining your fun. The extremely portable monocular has a built-in compass so you can always find your way on any adventure.
A fantastic monocular for grab-and-go portability. Simple to use, waterproof and fogproof and features a compass with rangefinder reticle. Rubber eyecup for use with or without eyeglasses and a large focus wheel for simple snap focus.
- Fully Multi-Coated for maximum resolution and high contrast views
- Waterproof and Fogproof for protection in wet conditions
- Rubber covered for protection
- Compass built-in for direction location
- Reticle built-in for determining distance
- No Fault Lifetime Warranty
Dimensions & Specifications
Angular Field of View
Close Focusing Distance
Field of View at 1000 Yards
Objective Lens Diameter
DocumentationDownload Celestron Oceana Monocular User Manual
- Nautical use binocular with compass feature
- Rangefinder reticle to calculate distance or size of objects
- Salt-water safe
- Individual eyepiece focus- set it once and forget it
- Uses SR44 lithium battery
- Perfect for the marine enthusiast - they float!
- Internal rangefinder and illuminated compass
- 100% waterproof and fog-proof
- Highly resistant to saltwater corrosion
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen-purged to keep out moisture
- High-quality Bak4 prisms
- Features built-in compass
- Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof
- UV-coated lenses for light and clarity
- Includes Neoprene floating strap
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Ranging
- Easy To Use
- Quality Lenses
- Strong Construction
Comments about Celestron Oceana 8x42 Monocular with Compass and Reticle:
The images are quite sharp. Sometimes nearly sharper than my eye can resolve. The corners of the view are moderately less sharp than the center.
If compared to top quality optics you will notice a small improvement in sharpness.
Feels good in the hand; good weight and balance.
I wear glasses and can use them after rolling down the eyecup. (Good eye relief).
The forward lens cap stays on firmly but the eyepiece lenscap tends to fall out because of a loose fit.