Celestron SkyProdigy 90 Maksutov-Cassegrain TelescopeItem#: HN-CELE446
CD-ROM “The SkyX” First Light Edition Astronomy Software
THE SMARTEST TELESCOPE IN THE UNIVERSE!
A truly revolutionary product with ground breaking technology, SkyProdigy™ is the product of a culmination of decades of telescope advancements. It combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSense™ technology to create an automatic, instant alignment telescope that requires no input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It’s that easy.
The SkyProdigy’s automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, then you will be ready to select from thousands of objects to view. Not sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
No knowledge of the night sky is required. One touch innovation turns anyone into an instant astronomer!
SkyProdigy 90 - General Features
- Fully Automatic Alignment Procedure
- Fully Computerized Altazimuth Mount
- Quick-Release Fork Arm Mount and Optical Tube for Easy, Quick No Tool Set Up
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray
- CD-ROM “The SkyX” First Light Edition Astronomy Software Which Provides Education About the Sky
- Battery Pack Providing over 30 Hours of Power - 8 D Cell Batteries Required
SkyProdigy 90 - Computerized Mount Features
- Proven Computer Control Technology
- Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects
- Proprietary StarSense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process with No User Intervention Required
- Flash Upgradeable Hand Control Software for Downloading Product Updates Over the Internet
About Celestron Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescopes
Celestron's Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes are similar to Schmidt-Cassegrain models in regards to ease, durability, versatility, and minimal maintenance, but trade smaller fields of view for better resolution in planetary observation.
The Maksutov-Cassegrain is similar to the Schmidt-Cassegrain with essentially the same advantages and disadvantages. It uses a thick meniscus correcting lens with a strong curvature and a secondary mirror that is usually an aluminized spot on the corrector. The Maksutov secondary mirror is typically smaller than the Schmidt's which gives it slightly better resolution for planetary observing.
Advantages of Maksutov-Cassegrain Compared to Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Smaller secondary obstruction results in a slight increase in planetary detail and contrast
- Less expensive to manufacture
- Longer focal lengths resulting in higher magnifications for planetary viewing
Disdvantages of Maksutov-Cassegrain Compared to Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Slightly heavier because of the thick meniscus correcting lens
- Increased time to reach thermal stability in larger apertures over 90 mm
- Longer focal lengths resulting in smaller field of view
Dimensions & Specifications
8 D Cell
Alt-Az Mount, GoTo
Good for Astrophotography
Highest Useful Magnification
Astrophotography, Viewing Galaxies/Star Clusters, Viewing Nebulae, Viewing the Planets
Celestron SkyProdigy Telescopes
For the Beginner, For the Enthusiast
1.55 Arc Sec Resolution, 12.3 Limiting Magnitude, 9mm (139x) Eyepiece 2
- Built-in flashlight with red filter cap
- Energy efficient LED spotlight
- Cigarette lighter adapter included
- 110V/220V switchable universal AC adapter included
- Two 12V output cigarette lighter ports
- For use with all Celestron computerized telescopes
- Transforms 110-volt current into 12 DC volts
- 6-foot cord offers mobility
- 2.5-ampere rating
- Eliminates the need for batteries
- New Fourth Edition
- Perfect for any beginner or advanced astronomer
- Star Charts for stargazers
- Great for telescopes and binoculars
- Hard Cover, 192 pages, 11" x 10 3/4" x 7/8"