Clek Foonf Convertible Seat - SnowberryItem#: HN-CLK024
Foonf convertible seat, Rear-facing wedge, Anti-rebound bar, Instruction manual
You won't find any compromises here. The Clek Foonf Convertible Seat - Snowberry is a reliable, convertible car seat equipped with revolutionary safety technology and practical features. Although designed to keep your child using the rear-facing position longer, this pretty pink and white car seat converts to forward-facing position when your child reaches the appropriate weight recommendation. Several features make the Foonf stand out from its competitors, including the REACT™ Safety System; easy-to-install, rigid LATCH system; and other top-performance construction features explained below.
Construction and Safety Features:
- Rigid steel and magnesium substructure for optimal strength
- Energy-absorbing, foam-lined headrest connects to frame with steel rods for optimal head protection in a side-impact collision
- Energy-absorbing foam layers inside and outside the frame reduce forces directed on your child in a side-impact collision
- Anti-rebound bar (in rear-facing mode) enhances stability by limiting seat rotation and protecting your child's head
- REACT™ Safety System reduces frontal collision forces transmitted to your child by up to 40% (see below for more details)
- Additional layers of thick foam padding prevent numb bum syndrome
- Snowberry (pink) Crypton® Super Fabric is resistant to stains, bacteria, and moisture (liquids bead on surface for easy wiping or spot cleaning)
- Approved for aircraft use
Installation and Convenience Features:
- Use in either rear-facing or forward facing position
- Rigid LATCH (Lower Anchor and Tethers for Children) forward-facing installation is the easiest in its class
- Requires less fore-aft space, which improves rear-facing installation in smaller vehicles
- Narrow width (under 17 in. at widest point) allows for 3-across seating
- Smooth, easy-to-engage recline mechanism for more comfortable ride
- Integrated magnets hold harnesses against the sides, making it easier to take your child in and out
How the REACT™ Safety System works:
REACT stands for Rapid Energy-Absorbing Crumple Technology. When you're in a collision, your vehicle comes to a sudden stop, but your child continues to move at the same speed you were traveling before stopping. The faster your child comes to a complete stop, the higher the forces exerted on your child. In order to reduce these forces, the REACT Safety System allows this sudden change in momentum to happen over a longer period of time through a series of controlled events. By mimicking the crumple zone technology found in vehicles, the crumple zones inside the Foonf absorb energy and prevent it from being transmitted to your child. REACT technology actively reduces the forces transmitted to your child in a frontal collision by up to 40%.
Dimensions and Other Measurements:
- Seating depth: 12.5 in.
- Seating height: 22.5-26.5 in.
- Harness slot height: 10.5-17.5 in.
- Width: 13 in. at base; 17 in. at widest point
- Fore-aft measurement rear-facing: 33 in.
- Height measurement rear-facing: 25.75-28.5 in.
- Seat weight forward-facing: 30 lbs.
- Seat weight rear-facing: 34 lbs. (support wedge adds a bit of weight)
- Recommendations for use in rear-facing position: 25-46 in. tall; 14-45 lbs.; child can hold head upright unassisted (about 6 months old)
- Recommendations for use of forward-facing position: 30-49 in. tall; 20-65 lbs.; 1 year and walking unassisted (American Academy of Pediatrics recommends keeping toddlers in rear-facing seats until age 2 or until child reaches maximum height and weight for their current seat)
About Clek Inc.
Clek is all about the ride. All kinds of rides, including the one through life. Always moving forward but on their own path, Clek believes how you get there matters. It starts with Clek's decision to use only North American suppliers for their material, continues through their unwavering commitment to safety, and finishes with their contributions to organizations helping children below the poverty line. When you buy a Clek car seat, you help protect more kids than your own. Ride on.
Dimensions & Specifications
6 months + up