Diamond Pacific MT-14 Mini-Sonic Vibrating Rock Tumbler - 3 HoppersItem#: HN-DPT048
Tumbler, 3 hoppers
Keep the job moving along by switching out the hoppers as you complete each load. The Diamond Pacific MT-14 Mini-Sonic Vibrating Rock Tumbler - 3 Hoppers comes with three hoppers, each holding up to 4 pounds of material. The hoppers are made from cast polyvinyl, and mount easily into the base, which is made from durable ABS plastic and contains electronic dials for easy operation.
This vibratory tumbler doesn't use pulleys, belts, or motors, which means it lasts longer and is quieter and easier to use. Instead, an interrupted electrical current creates a gentle vibration that moves the contents of the hopper only, not the hopper itself. As it vibrates, abrasive is drawn up into the materials, which are alternately separated and compacted to create gentle polishing that helps preserve the original shape of the pieces.
This machine operates with 3600 vibrations per minute on 60Hz of power. Only a small amount of water and abrasive is required for operation. Too much of either will cause material to collect in the hopper and prevent proper rotation.
About Diamond Pacific
For over 30 years this second-generation family-owned business has manufactured equipment for lapidists - from rock hound hobbyists to professional gem cutters and jewelers. Diamond Pacific hopes to put fun and pride into the craft by manufacturing the necessary tools to ensure superior results.
Dimensions & Specifications
Rock Tumblers for Hobbyists
Weight Capacity (lbs.)
- Gemstone materials of varying size and hardness
- May include bloodstone, quartz, tiger's eye, amethyst, and more
- No choice of stone assortment
- Approximately 2 lbs. per package
- Nearly one million copies in print
- The most complete book of gemstones ever published
- 1,500 color photos of natural and polished stones
- Special section on rocks as precious stones
- Covers synthetics and imitations, too
- 272 pages
$11.99 to $59.99
- Assortment of Mexican tumbling rocks
- Choose 1-, 5-, or 15-lb. packages
- Approximately 10-12rocks per pound
- Nice sampling for beginners