Double Capacity Complete RainReserve SystemItem#: HN-EGL002
Diverter, Spigots, Hole saw, Spigot adapters, Hose adapters, Teflon tape, 2 sets of tubing, "Do Not Drink" stickers, Winterization caps, 6 screws, Installation manual
What's Not Included
With this high-performance diverter system, you'll be able to store twice as much rain water while still using just one simple system. The Double-Capacity Complete RainReserve System directs clean rain water into two rain barrels of any size (not included) while guiding debris and overflow that would otherwise clog the screen to flow down your downspout as usual. When your rain barrel is full, the diverter automatically redirects water back through the downspout system, keeping the overflow away from your home. The stored water can be used to nourish your lawn and garden whenever you need it with the included high-flow spigot.
This double-capacity rain reserve system is available in two options to fit either a 2- x 3-inch downspout or a 3- x 4-inch downspout. The included installation manual, made of 100% post-consumer recycled paper, outlines four simple steps and includes all of the tips to finish the project. There's no limit to the number of rain barrels you can use with this system, but it is designed to operate with at least two. Expansion kits and daisy chain kits can easily increase water storage capacity and save even more money on your utility bills. This system is made in the USA and carries a one-year manufacturer's warranty. Partial proceeds from your purchase support a non-profit organization called Sustain Dane that focuses on environmental sustainability.
- Constructed with thick-walled, UV-resistant hybrid corn plastic that's made to last through years of use.
- Able to withstand extreme rainfalls, freezes, and debris.
- Dual outlet ports allow for parallel filling of two rain barrels, if desired.
- Open design allows for large debris to bypass the tank or barrel
- Internal feature reduces debris before the water flows into your rain barrel.
- 2 home attachment methods: brick or direct connect.
- Access door allows for quick and easy annual maintenance.
2 Sets of 5-foot Tubing:
- Long and flexible
- Lets you position your rain barrel where it's most convenient
- 1-inch internal diameter maximizes water flow
- Opaque color inhibits organic growth.
2 High-flow Spigots:
- Flow rate: 10 gallons/minute (assuming a 55-gallon barrel is elevated 8 inches). This is 2-3 times faster than similar products on the market.
- Garden hose threads allow for use with garden hoses and soaker hoses.
- Made from eco-friendly polypropylene
- Barrel seals for use with any size barrels/tanks made of steel or plastic
- Install easily from the outside of any closed barrel/tank
Other Included Components and Accessories:
- Bi-Metal Hole Saw cuts an exact-size hole through plastic or steel for a leak-less fit. Saw opening measures 1 3/16 inches
- Spigot and Hose Adapters: Made from post-industrial recycled polypropylene. One-inch internal diameter allows for maximum flow
- Sealing Teflon Tape prevents leaks.
- 2 "Do Not Drink" Stickers to be placed on barrel/tank to discourage drinking recycled rain water. Stickers are made from UV-protected corn plastic material.
- Winterization Caps to be placed on diverter outlets for quick and easy winterizing.
- 6 Self-Tapping Screws for direct attachment to the house or supported attachment to the downspout.
RainReserve was developed in 2005 by Sustain Dane, a non-profit organization in Madison, Wis., committed to creating sustainable communities and promoting environmental responsibility. Sustain Dane partnered with Enginuity, LLC , an environmentally conscious engineering and custom manufacturing company based in Hartville, Mo., to enhance, manufacture, and distribute single- and tandem-tank RainReserve Diverter Kits. RainReserve products are one of the highest quality and most affordable products of their kind, and they're manufactured with minimal negative impact on the environment.
Dimensions & Specifications
2 x 3 Downspout
- Designed for RainReserve Diverter systems
- Enables a tandem system to add another tank
- Makes any sealed tank or barrel a rain reservoir
- 5-foot tubing for versatile barrel placement
- Includes high-flow spigot and barrel seals
- Corn plastic sticker discourages drinking the water
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Enginuity Double Capacity Complete RainReserve System:
This clever product allows you to place 2 rain barrels side by side, and it works really well. It's surprising how quickly a barrel fills up. This solves that and prevents overflow. A great product. Not real easy to install, but we did it.
It's a short distance from drain pipe to rain barrel, and the expandable plastic tubing is sagging after a heavy rain. Droops below rain barrel. We'll see if the rain will still make it to the barrel after the next rainfull.
- I Am A:
- Couple No Kids