iOptron MAK 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTAItem#: HN-IOPT026
Introducing the MAK 150m! iOptron's first premium Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA. You have to try it to believe it!
The iOptron Rumak-type 150m Maksutov-Cassegrain is perfect for the serious amateur astronomer who wants apochromatic refractor-type performance at an affordable price. In fact, the multicoated optics provide almost similar results as a 5-inch apochromatic refractor -- at a fraction of the cost.
You will be amazed at the images you'll see with the MAK 150m—surprisingly, an f12 that can view Jupiter's cloud bands and also M31! The precision design and engineering of the optics produces images you would not expect in such a light tube.
The MAK 150m from iOptron is the only MAK of its kind that comes with a dual speed focuser for fine-tuning your images. Also included is an attachable dew shield—rare for a MAK—for better performance in cold temperatures.
- Rumak Maksutov-Cassegrain optics
- Aperture: 150mm
- Focal Length: 1800/ f12
- Eyepiece holder with compression ring
- 8X50 Finderscope
- Twist-lock aluminum dew-shield
- Dual-speed focuser
- Lens Type : Catadioptric Rumak style Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Dew Shield : Twist-lock aluminum shield
- Tube Length : 21 3/4” (Without dew shield) 27 1/8” (With dew shield)
- Tube Weight : 13.4Lbs.
- Finderscope : 8x50 w/ finder ring
- Visual Adaptor : 8x50 w/ finder ring
- Astrophotography : T-ring adapter included for attaching a camera
- Other Accessories : Light reducing lens cover
- Gross Weight : 20.2 Lbs
Dimensions & Specifications
iOptron MAK 150 Maksutov-Cassegrain
For the Expert
Another breakthrough from iOptron
- All new MiniTower PRO mount
- Larger tripod
- More weight capacity
- GPS enabled
- GoTo enabled
- EQ Telescope mount with built in GPS
- Payload of 45 lbs.
- Advanced SmartStar GoTo Technology
- Fits both Vixen and Losmandy type plates
- 2-inch heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Polar scope with dark-field illumination