Jewels of Java Teak Adirondack ChairItem#: HN-JWL084
Upgrade your lawn furniture with this exquisite Adirondack chair by Jewels of Java. Made of teak wood, this chair has a natural finish. Over time, the chair's finish will acquire a lovely gray patina. Because it's made from teak, this chair can stand up to all of the challenges, from insects to moisture, that outdoor environments can throw at it. While this chair is lovely on its own, you can increase your enjoyment with a matching ottoman and side table.
- Prevents from weather damages, rotting and insects
- Traditional Adirondack style chair in sturdy teak
- Natural wood finish has a grey/silver patina coat
- Weighs 45 lbs.
- Measures 33W x 38D x 38H in.
What's Not Included
If the earliest settlers of the New York area were adept enough at relaxing to have a chair named after them, who are we to argue with the Jewels of Java Adirondack Chair? This classic design is perfect for whiling away summers by the Cape, or just watching the kids run around in the yard. Solid teak wood in a natural finish displays its simple beauty, and the strength and resilience of teak will give you an attractive and sturdy place to relax all summer long. The gently curved seat and reclined back will make this chair easy to get into, and delightfully difficult to leave.
The Benefits and Beauty of Teak
Teak wood is universally recognized for its quality, durability, and beauty. Teak is a very hard, densely grained wood with high oil content. The unique combination of these characteristics makes teak naturally resistant to moisture, rot, warping, shrinking, splintering, insects, and fungus. It is considered the ideal wood for outdoor furniture.
About Jewels of Java Teak Furniture
Teak furniture is a top choice for outdoor furniture, as its average lifespan is 75 years! Untreated, this beautiful hardwood holds up to season after season of any kind of harsh element. Putting Jewels of Java teak items into winter storage is unnecessary, as this furniture resists water, weather, and warping as it mellows to a soft silver color. The grey/silver patina can be maintained by the application of teak oil once or twice a year, although this only affects the color, not the integrity of the wood, and most prefer the look of fine aged teak.
This high-grade teak comes from plantations in Indonesia, and Jewels of Java is proud to work with Perum Perhutani, the state-owned agency responsible for managing the conservation of the Indonesian teak forest. They ensure that no tree is harvested unless another is planted to replace it. The wood is then kiln dried and constructed with mortise and tenon joinery, creating furniture to last a lifetime. Rest assured that when you purchase Jewels of Java, you've purchased an ethical legacy in addition to fine furniture.
Dimensions & Specifications
Jewels of Java
33W x 38D x 38H in.
The Teak Outdoor Collection
$39.99 to $49.99
- New colors for 2013: Aqua Blue Stripe and Aqua Blue
- Durable 100% polyester fabric covering
- 100% polyester fiber batting for a soft and durable fill
- 2 ties keep cushion securely attached to chair
- Piped edging all around for a finished look
- Choose from several versatile colors
- Cushion dimensions: 18W x 24.5L x 21.5D inches
$14.01 to $25.01
- New colors for 2013: Aqua Blue and Aqua Blue Stripe!
- Clearance colors: Purple, Walnut, Malt, Taupe and Gray!
- Polyester fabric covers
- Polyester fiber batting for a soft and durable fill
- 2 ties keep this cushion securely attached
- Piped edging gives this cushion a finished look
- Spot-clean with soap and water when needed
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Hand-crafted - please allow 0.25-inch variance