Jims Mobile (JMI) Case for Celestron CGEM EQ Mount HeadItem#: HN-JSMM045
The case includes two lockable latches, two steel-reinforced handles, a 2" by 23" steel hinge and die-cut foam lining with compartments for each part of the equatorial head. It can be carried or pulled using the attached 4" wheels.
Outside dimensions of the case are approximately 30-5/8" x 19-3/4" x 10-5/8" (with wheels attached) and its empty weight is approximately 19.2 lbs. The shipping box is approximately 27-1/4" x 14-1/2" x 20-3/4" (FedEx Ground Dimensional Weight is 44lbs.)
Dimensions & Specifications
Jims Mobile (JMI)
Telescope Accessories Series
$69.00 to $89.99
- Designed for CGEM computerized telescopes
- Available in your choice of 11 or 17 lbs.
- Used to properly balance your CGEM telescope
- Engineered in USA
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Padding
- Inadequate storage
- Poor Construction
- Poor design
Comments about Jims Mobile (JMI) Case for Celestron CGEM EQ Mount Head:
The case does what it is advertised to do--it does house Celestron's German Equatorial Mount (CGEM). Still there are several deficiencies:
1. The equatorial does not fit properly into the case.
2. The slot provided for the counterweight bar is too short.
3. All of the CGEM's accessories fit into the case except for one--the accessory tray. Poor planning!
4. The wheels are cheap plastic and will not take much wear-and-tear.
5. Use of the wheels creates a problem with case balance. The case design does not include a stabilization block near the wheels. It is impossible to stand the case upright with the wheels attached.
Overall the case is adequate and it does what it claims--it provides a well-padded container for the equatorial mount. Still, for the price the case is poorly designed. I would not recommend it for purchase.
- Was this a gift?: