Levenhuk 3S NG MicroscopeItem#: HN-LEVE017
With the Levenhuk 3S NG you can begin your adventures in the world of science right after you take the microscope out of the box, with the included Experiment Kit. This model allows for bright field observations of transparent specimens. This microscope with its 200x magnification is a fantastic doorway into the marvels and mysteries of the microcosm for children, students, and amateurs alike.
The 40-mm (1.6-in) plano-concave mirror in the Levenhuk 3S NG models provides enough light for your observations, which means you can use this microscope without having to plug it in to a power source. This is the easiest and safest illumination method, which means that children can safely use this microscope. The disc diaphragm allows you to control the amount of light required for observations of the specimen.
This monocular microscope has a single 16x achromatic objective lens, which provides a clear view without any chromatic or spherical aberrations. In this model the head is located directly above the stage, but for comfortable observations you can incline both the head and the stage to the desired angle by the arm of the microscope.
The 100x90-mm (3.9x3.5-in) stage is perfect for observations of one or two specimens. To prepare the specimen, first place a sample on the blank slide, then slowly drop a cover slip over the sample. The resulting slide is then placed on the stage and secured in place with stage clips. Use the coarse focusing knob to focus your view by moving the body tube of the microscope up and down (at 20-mm (0.8-in) intervals).
The metal construction makes this microscope both sturdy and stable.
"Attractive Microscope. Scrutinizing the Microcosm" User Guide included in the kit will lead you through a number of biological experiments that you can perform at home. For this, you will use the specimens that are already supplied with the Levenhuk 3S NG Microscope; and in just a few minutes you will be looking into the unknown. You will learn how to prepare the samples, conduct experiments, analyze the results, and, of course, you will learn a lot about the world around you along the way.
The kit includes:
- Microscope with 16x objective lens
- 12.5x eyepiece
- Stage with the stage clips
- Plano-concave mirror for illumination
- Levenhuk K50 Experiment Kit
- 4 AA batteries
- User manual and warranty
Levenhuk K50 Experiment Kit includes:
- "Attractive Microscope. Scrutinizing the Microcosm" User Guide
- Hatchery for Artemia (brine shrimp, or sea-monkeys)
- Flask with brine shrimp
- Microtome—a tool that allows you to make very thin (fraction of a millimeter) slices of samples, which is necessary for studying samples under a microscope
- Bottle of yeast
- Bottle of sea salt
- Clean glass slides (5 pieces)
- 5 samples: fly's limb, onion, cotton stem, slice of a tree trunk, pine
- Magnification, x 200
- Head monocular
- Eyepiece H12.5x
- Objective lens 16x achromat
- Body type straight body tube
- Stage dimensions, mm 100x90, with stage clips
- Condenser disk diaphragm
- Focus coarse, 20 mm
- Illumination 40 mm plano-concave mirror
Dimensions & Specifications
Microscopes for Enthusiasts
Levenhuk Microscopes Microscopes Series