Levenhuk Ra 200N 8 Inch Carbon Fiber f/4 Reflector OTAItem#: HN-LEVE028
Levenhuk Ra 200N F4 Carbon OTA is a Newtonian telescope with a 200-mm primary mirror and a focal length of 800 mm (f/4). This model is best-suited for astrophotography. The telescope tube is made of carbon fiber, which makes it very lightweight and less susceptible to temperature changes of the surroundings. Due to the inherent characteristics of carbon fiber and its high thermal conductivity, the telescope also requires far less time to adapt to outside temperatures than regular reflectors.
This telescope is fitted with the modern 2' dual-speed Crayford focuser. Linear ball bearings of this focuser provide for additional stability, and further reduce backlash. The telescope tube has a built-in primary mirror cooling fan (12V, 80 mm in diameter). Even though Levenhuk Ra 200N F4 Carbon OTA was designed with astrophotography in mind, it still performs wonderfully during celestial observations.
The telescope tube weighs 6.3 kg (13.8 lbs).
The kit includes:
- Levenhuk Ra 200N F4 Carbon optical tube
- Finder scope
- Finder scope base
- Cooler fan
- Batteries kit (6 pieces)
- User guide and warranty
Dimensions & Specifications
For the Expert
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction
- New motors offer improved tracking performance
- Viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference
- Improved latitude range - can be used between 7-77 degrees latitude
- NexStar hand control featuring All-Star Polar alignment
- EQ Telescope mount with built in GPS
- Payload of 45 lbs.
- Advanced SmartStar GoTo Technology
- Fits both Vixen and Losmandy type plates
- 2-inch heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Polar scope with dark-field illumination
- Designed to mount 1 or 2 telescopes at a time
- Works with telescopes that use Vixen-style dovetail brackets
- Heavy duty with adjustable height and dual-mount head
- Counterbalance not needed when mounting one telescope
- Weight capacity of 50 lbs.