Levenhuk Ra 90R Doublet ED Refractor OTAItem#: HN-LEVE039
Levenhuk Ra R90 ED Doublet OTA is a compact refractor that has an objective lens of 90-mm (3.5-in) diameter and a focal length of 500 mm (19.7 in). The apochromatic objective lens consists of two lenses that reduce chromatic aberration to a barely noticeable minimum. The fully multi-coated lenses are made of ED glass and yield crisp and clear views of the night sky. The retractable dew cap on the front end of the telescope tube protects the optics from humidity when needed most. The telescope tube of this model is made of metal, following a more traditional design.
This telescope tube is fitted with a dual-speed Crayford focuser that guarantees high precision focusing with no backlash. The 1.25' barrel diameter of the focuser allows you to use a number of accessories with this telescope. Levenhuk Ra R90 ED Doublet OTA also comes with an aluminum case for you to store and transport your telescope.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Designed to mount 1 or 2 telescopes at a time
- Works with telescopes that use Vixen-style dovetail brackets
- Heavy duty with adjustable height and dual-mount head
- Counterbalance not needed when mounting one telescope
- Weight capacity of 50 lbs.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction
- New motors offer improved tracking performance
- Viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference
- Improved latitude range - can be used between 7-77 degrees latitude
- NexStar hand control featuring All-Star Polar alignment
- EQ Telescope mount with built in GPS
- Payload of 45 lbs.
- Advanced SmartStar GoTo Technology
- Fits both Vixen and Losmandy type plates
- 2-inch heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Polar scope with dark-field illumination