Levenhuk Ra R72 Doublet ED Refractor OTAItem#: HN-LEVE040
Levenhuk Ra R72 ED Doublet OTA is a compact refractor, perfect for observations of planets and other celestial objects. It has a focal length of 432 mm (17 in) and an aperture of 72 mm (2.8 in). With this instrument you can observe the phases of Venus, lunar craters and even the rings of Saturn.
The apochromatic objective lens is fully multi-coated and produces high-quality views with no chromatic aberration.
The aluminum optical tube and the body of the Crayford focuser are coated with a glossy anodized finish. The retractable dew cap protects the objective lens from fogging. The focuser has a standard barrel diameter of 1.25", which means that you can use accessories of any brand and make.
Levenhuk Ra R72 ED Doublet OTA comes in a sturdy aluminum case that makes storing and transporting this optical tube safe and easy.
Dimensions & Specifications
For the Expert
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction
- New motors offer improved tracking performance
- Viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference
- Improved latitude range - can be used between 7-77 degrees latitude
- NexStar hand control featuring All-Star Polar alignment
- EQ Telescope mount with built in GPS
- Payload of 45 lbs.
- Advanced SmartStar GoTo Technology
- Fits both Vixen and Losmandy type plates
- 2-inch heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Polar scope with dark-field illumination
- Designed to mount 1 or 2 telescopes at a time
- Works with telescopes that use Vixen-style dovetail brackets
- Heavy duty with adjustable height and dual-mount head
- Counterbalance not needed when mounting one telescope
- Weight capacity of 50 lbs.