Meade LX850-ACF 10 Inch f/8 Optical Tube AssemblyItem#: HN-MEAD486
You can now mate the most advanced optical system available on the German Equatorial mount of your choice.
Building on Meade’s award-winning Advanced Coma-Free™ (ACF™) optics, the 10" OTA employs a fast f/8 optical system with high-contrast baffling that insures crisp, pinpoint imaging to the very edge of the field. These OTAs feature an internal zero image shift Crayford-style focusing system with a two-speed, 7:1 control that provides smooth, precise focusing. The included Losmandy-style dovetail rail is precision machined and mated to the tube with wide-stance radius blocks for rock-steady observing. Included Vixen -style dovetail receiver allows you to mount optional accessories, such as a Meade Series 5000 80mm APO, to the OTA.
The ACF OTA’s comes standard with -Losmandy-style dovetail mounting rail, Series 5000 2” diagonal, Vixen-style dovetail receiver, 8x50 finderscope and a Series 5000 HD60 25mm eyepiece. A complete system designed to meet the needs to today’s demanding astro-imagers.
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty.
Dimensions & Specifications
Advanced Coma Free
0.456 Arc Seconds
Meade Optical Tubes
20.95 (Secondary Obstruction)
- EQ Telescope mount with built in GPS
- Payload of 45 lbs.
- Advanced SmartStar GoTo Technology
- Fits both Vixen and Losmandy type plates
- 2-inch heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Polar scope with dark-field illumination
- ED Triplet APO f/6 Refractor optical tube
- FPL53 extra-low dispersion glass
- 10:1 dual speed Crayford focuser
- Sliding dew shield
- 2" Diagonal, Rings, Dovetail and Hard Case included