Meade LXD75 SN-10AT Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope with AutoStarItem#: HN-MEAD375
Meade's LXD75 SN-10 AT telescope with Autostar and UHTC coatings is a precision instrument that'll give superb service over a lifetime. It's the perfect instrument for the intermediate or advanced observer.
Expect all the conveniences. And expect ultra-sharp, ultra-bright images of planets and deep-sky objects like nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies. At this telescope's heart are premium-grade Meade optics.
Diffraction-limited optics - 10-inch, Schmidt-Newtonian optics are mounted in precision-machined aluminum cells, which are in turn enclosed in sturdy, steel tubes and coated with high-grade, baked-on, textured enamel. The optical tube assembly is closed, reducing air currents inside, preventing image distortion and helping to keep optics clean. Corrector lens corrects fully for spherical aberration and provides pinpoint star images. Water-white glass increases light transmission more than 10 percent. Premium-grade Pyrex mirrors provide exceptional thermal stability and eliminate image shimmer. Extremely fast, well corrected F/ratios provide short photographic exposure times and wide fields of view.
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings - UHTC
The Meade UHTC group permits the highest levels of light transmission (a 20 percent increase in total telescope light transmission compared to the standard-equipment coatings) ever offered on amateur telescopes.
The AutoStar controller helps you quickly find and GoTo more than 30,000 objects in the night sky. View planets, stars, galaxies, nebulae, and comets - all at the push of a button. AutoStar is pre-programmed with several guided tours, including the popular Tonight's Best. To take it, just input date, time, and location. Then let AutoStar take you on a guided tour of the best objects that particular night. The AutoStar controller can be updated, too. Log on to Meade.com to download software upgrades, guided tours, and timely objects like comets - free. Keep your AutoStar up to date and your telescope will grow with you for years to come.
- German equatorial mount with heavy-duty shaft and castings, as well as precision worm gears on both axes, to ensure precision tracking and slewing - essential for astrophotography.
- For ultra-precise pointing, the HPP function puts objects in the center of the field of view, allowing quick, easy location of deep-sky objects at the farthest limits of the telescope's capability.
- Periodic error correction eliminates periodic errors on the RA axis over the course of one or more training periods, minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photography.
- 9-speed drive controls provide a rapid slew rate
- 3-star alignment ensures precise alignment and eliminates the need for a complicated optical/mechanical alignment process
- Variable-height field tripod with spreader bar brace provides the excellent stability and vibration-damping required for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Illuminated polar alignment viewfinder offers quick, precise polar alignment
- Powered by 8 D-size batteries or by optional car cigarette lighter and AC wall adapters
Dimensions & Specifications
8X D cell
Equatorial Mount, GoTo
Good for Astrophotography
Highest Useful Magnification
Objective Lens Size Code
Astrophotography, For the Enthusiast, Viewing Galaxies/Star Clusters, Viewing Nebulae, Viewing the Moon, Viewing the Planets
Meade LXD75 Telescopes
For the Enthusiast
- 25 Foot cigarette lighter socket power cord
- Power Meade telescopes with rechargeable battery packs
- Plug fits Meade LX200/LX90, ETX90/105/125, LXD75
- Fits new LT and LightSwitch models
Suggestions for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Quality Lenses
- Strong Construction
Comments about Meade LXD75 SN-10AT Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope with AutoStar:
This telescope is everything that they say it is. Being used to Newtonians, this one gives superior images of stars due to the corrector plate: the objects are sharply defined. I purchased this in place of a Schmidt-cassegrain, as it does the same job at a far lower price. The UHTC optics are an excellent addition: I now get exceptional images of faint objects such as the fainter nebula, even in my light polluted neighborhood. The mount is rugged and solid, and I am currently using this 'scope for basic astrophotography and the drive is smooth and accurate. The illuminated polar alignment finder is very useful as it makes polar alignment quick and easy. I use the Meade AutoStar suite to control the telescope remotely. It is connected to my Windows Vista workstation inside the house via a serial link. Setup was easy. The focuser is smooth, although I have added a different focuser that has a built-in motor. I have also added a Telrad finder. [...] Set up was quick (i did not neglect to study the small manual!) and I was collimating and testing it in no time. I do enjoy this excellent telescope. The reason I got it here is because this is the best price I found, ([...] Thanks!