Meade TerraStar 90 Altazimuth Refractor TelescopeItem#: HN-MEAD491
Meade TerraStar 90 Altazimuth Refractor #04085-1. Our largest and best non-computerized entry level refracting type telescope is a great choice for the beginning astronomer or home with a view. Includes simple to operate point and look mount. Lens diameter is 90mm (approximately 3.5 inches) with a focal length of 900mm, f/10.
This attractive and solidly constructed entry level telescope will let you see a great amount of detail on the Moon, view the main division in the rings of Saturn, the separation of the cloud belts of Jupiter as well as its primary moons, and observe countless star clusters, double stars, nebulae and more. A great scope for a home with a view with the simple to use point and look type mount.
Features a 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser, sturdy metal altazimuth mount with worm gear driven dual slow motion controls, two 1.25" MA eyepieces (9mm, 25mm), easy to use red dot viewfinder, diagonal mirror, and height adjustable full size steel leg tripod with accessory tray and instructional DVD with astronomical software/star map.
Note: for terrestrial (daytime) use optional image erecting prism is available stock number 07217, useful for birding or a home with a view.
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty.
Dimensions & Specifications
Red Dot Finder
Highest Useful Magnification
Viewing the Moon, Viewing the Planets
Meade Starter Telescopes
For Kids, For the Beginner
12 Years & Up
25mm (36x) Eyepiece 2
Your map to locate objects in the night sky
- Front cover features rotating planisphere picture
- Lists over 1,000 stars
- Tracks path of stars and other celestial objects
- Companion tool for Celestron telescopes
- Complete kit for optical care
- Safe to use with most lenses
- Convenient, water-resistant carrying case
- Flexible lens brush with bellows
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- New Fourth Edition
- Perfect for any beginner or advanced astronomer
- Star Charts for stargazers
- Great for telescopes and binoculars
- Hard Cover, 192 pages, 11" x 10 3/4" x 7/8"